Rear Seat Delete

pittsburgh

Active User
Mar 23, 2014
I will be doing some interior work this spring to my 82 gt ,replacing carpet and such. Thinking about rear seat delete. Anyone have any thoughts? Do they look alright? Thanks

• Sponsors (?)

Depends on what you are going for.

Race car? Go for it?

Street cruiser? Really up to you. Personally I don't feel the weight savings justifies it, plus it's at the rear of the car vs the front where weight really needs to come off.

But ultimately it's your car so all up to you

Reactions: 1 users
Keep the back seat. It weighs around 12 pounds if that. You can always fold it flat and keep it that way if you don't have passengers.

If you decide to ditch the rear seat bag it up and stick it in the attic or someplace safe, original parts are tossed with no regard for the future. As an example, find a good rear seat for a 60s mustang.

Reactions: 1 users
Tell me about it. I want to pickup a rear 87-89 hatch seat in any condition and everyone wants decent cash for it....even a junker I want to recover.
I just sold two in July for like $25-50 each (can't remember exactly). One of them was perfect, the other was a 9/10. They are definitely out there, just takes some patience.

Reactions: 1 user
I will be doing some interior work this spring to my 82 gt ,replacing carpet and such. Thinking about rear seat delete. Anyone have any thoughts? Do they look alright? Thanks
Ive seen a few of my buddys back seat deletes and they look great when done right, im doing it to my 86 gt new carpet new black vert top and black seats as well

Everything has to be tight like if your going for the carpeted box type delete make sure your corners and folds are tucked tight and everything matches on both sides LMR sells a real nice rear seat delete kit which looks really sharp and tight

If you have some carpentry skill you can design a real nice delete system that fits your preference when i see my buddys this week ill take a few pics to give you an idea what they did