Rear seat removal in 'vert

Ozz

I think I have a problem here.
Founding Member
Jul 27, 2001
Canton, MI
I'm told the bottom half pulls up & out, and that the backing is held in by a few bolts and clips at the top.

I haven't been out there to check or try anything yet but wanted to have a heads-up for when I do get the chance. I don't need any more headaches or frustration this month. :crazy: Plus I like things to go flawlessly and quickly, which they never seem to do anyway.

So does anyone know of some info that may be useful for me? It's a '92 if the year makes a difference.

• Sponsors (?)

Yeah, the bottom pulls up and right out... I had the rear seats out of my 83, but I don't remember what exactly held the back part on... I know a few screws here and there, though.

Sounds good. I ask because I know everytime I go to do something that seems easy, there's always hidden screws, codes to crack, secret tunnels to find and navigate, etc. before I can get on with WTF I intend on doing :rolleyes:

Given my recent tuning problems w/the car and the bill that came with it, if I ran into a problem taking out a damn seat I would probably have thrown a ****ing fit.

The lower cushion needs to be pushed out of it's bracket and then it just lifts right out. In mine, I have to push the lower cushion rearward and up at the same time to dislodge it.

There are 2 screws total IIRC that hold the back rest in place. The top portion is held in with a tab in slot setup.