Brakes Removing the brake fluid distributor to gain access to strut tower rust

AnthonyA1234

Aug 17, 2020
Florida
I need to move the brake distributor on the drivers side strut tower so I can gain access to some rust I have there. It seems like there’s not enough play in the metal lines and I will have to move the master cylinder above it as well. Can I just take off the two bolts on the master cylinder and pull it off and move it over or will that make brake fluid come out?

• Sponsors (?)

You can unbolt the MC from the booster. No fluid should leak out. If any does, the MC is leaking and you need to replace it anyway. I would siphon off come fluid just to lower it a little as there is a vent hole in the MC cap so if you tilt the MC some will ooze from the cap. Just make sure to top off before pumping the pedal

Reactions: 1 user
You can unbolt the MC from the booster. No fluid should leak out. If any does, the MC is leaking and you need to replace it anyway. I would siphon off come fluid just to lower it a little as there is a vent hole in the MC cap so if you tilt the MC some will ooze from the cap. Just make sure to top off before pumping the pedal
Thanks!