resonator ?

boondocksaint

Aug 31, 2003
my resonator going from my intake cracked yesterday and will replace with 3" pvc pipe. question is, do i need to put another filter in the pvc? or just leave it open? anyone else use anything besides pvc? and i can just cut it the same length as the old resonator, right? went to the junkyard yesterday. counted 36 fox body's and no resonators. seemed unreal to me(murphys law) thanks for any input

• Sponsors (?)

boondocksaint said:
my resonator going from my intake cracked yesterday and will replace with 3" pvc pipe. question is, do i need to put another filter in the pvc? or just leave it open? anyone else use anything besides pvc? and i can just cut it the same length as the old resonator, right? went to the junkyard yesterday. counted 36 fox body's and no resonators. seemed unreal to me(murphys law) thanks for any input

When you say resonator you mean the pice between the TB and the MAF? I think a 2" would probly work eaier to bolt up but I used a 3" which took some fabing up pices of rubber to work.

Now as fair as a filter goes, if you remover the Air box then yes you will need to mount a filter on the other side of the MAF. Here is a few links to help show you hows its done. One of them is my own car its the last pic on that page and you can't see the filter since its in the fender, but it gives you a idea on the ACT sensor. I used a MAF adaptor from AutoZone for a Mazda I think and some gasket mat. Just had to get some nuts from the hardware store.

Http://Jman.stangnet.com/coldair.htm

http://www.amwlawncare.com/wastedspace/peoples/rayslocks.htm