"Resto Resumes II" a BBFCM "What I Did This Summer" series thread

65stanger

big blue fuzzy closet monster
Founding Member
Last week I posted a thread on re-starting resto / refurbishing of parts, unfortunately that was all lost in the "Great Stangnet Crash of '05"!
Mostly it was how I had cleaned, degreased and metal-prepped parts in preparation for POR15-ing them......of course I had these pics....:
cleaned parts.....
attachment.php

metal-prepped parts.....
attachment.php

• Sponsors (?)

First Batch Done.....

I've got my spindles, caliper brackets and backing plates POR15'ed. Once they've dried in a day or two, I will reassemble them and start on the next batch of parts.....(battery tray, outer bumper brackets and hood latch base)
And as promised, more pics....:
pre-POR rinse......
attachment.php

POR'ed parts......
attachment.php

Hopefully, in a few weeks I'll be able to start working outside and start the "surgery" on "sally's" front clip and replace the rusted frame sections.......
attachment.php

..plan is once that is done I'm going to strip the entire clip, clean, prep and POR15 prior to starting reassembly............I'd like to have most of that work done before the end of June!
:banana: :banana: :banana:

hehe. its raining sidways right now. I should of started mine when the weather was good.

I think I am going to use something other than por-15 when I redo my 67. It peeled off the bottom. I might try eastwood or corrales

oboebrian said:
Looks great! The POR-15 is holding up great on my 72. But I used up the can of Eastwoods rust converter and sealer that I had on the shelf for my 65 floor pans after I fabricated a patch. Man, I have a lot of tech updates to do streatching all the way back to interior upholstery!
The Dawg is Back!!! The Dawg is Back!!!

Sorry, but we thought you might've been washed away by the Gutter Wave after The Crash the other day!
http://forums.stangnet.com/showthread.php?t=530476
Glad to see you're OKAY!