Rev. Jesse Jackson Arrested At Gun Shop Demonstration

• Sponsors (?)

Guero, thats a great point. Because its easier to blame places like that for ignorant peoples behavior. People like that never want to address the real issue of peoples actions instead they want to blame gun stores, gun manufacturers, police, etc. Plus I doubt he'd really want to go protest a bunch of bangers. Criminals are going to get guns regardless of where, even if they bought it at that store, they could have just as easily walked down the block and bought an sks for $100 (or a few bags of dope in trade)

I hope that I do not see the day guns are outlawed. I hope they are never outlawed. But even if they are, I will still have mine. I have guns that were my great grandfathers, and they will never get those from me.

And Justin, I just noticed out avatars are very similar. lol

who'd want to protest a bunch of younger people who have guns readily available.....if they shot a kid I'd imagine they'd shoot him just as fast, lol.....might be a good thing.

If it's not the gun stores..it's video games. America needs to stop putting the blame with other things and realize that a majority of the time it's parenting. You brought the person into the world...you should take at least some responsibility for him/her.

Look at prisons...they don't have access to guns but they still manage to kill/injure people.....if someone wants to do it....they will, restrictions or not

my .02

I hope that I do not see the day guns are outlawed. I hope they are never outlawed. But even if they are, I will still have mine. I have guns that were my great grandfathers, and they will never get those from me.

And Justin, I just noticed out avatars are very similar. lol

I hate to say this, but they will never get my guns unless they pry them from my cold, dead hands.

I would probably never have to worry about it, because I'm going into law enforcement...but I'd also never be involved with any action to disarm a fellow american (save for the obvious like felons and so forth)

why dont they sell guns in rich neighborhood and why do they sell them in poor neighborhoods???

I think he forgot what he was fighting for. I was laughing when he got arrested on the news then was like wtf.

YES PARENTING!!!!!!!!!!!! Thats the main issure!!!!!! When I was younf I could of easily gotten involved in gangs. But just the thought of coming home and getting my ass handed to me steered me clear away!! Plus the fact that gangs are redicously retarded and stupid!!!

""""Yo homie you in ma turf!!! Yo shall not be shot for wearing the wrong colors yo!!""

Is that not stupid!!!!!

Yea, when i was a kid I didnt do anything bad. My dad is the assistant DA and I know if i got into legal trouble he would have probably been even more strict on me than some random guy.

Plus he would have beat my ass. :nono: :rlaugh:

I say good that he got arrested. I used to live about 3 blocks away from Chuck's Gun Shop, and let's just say that Riverdale, IL isn't a good neighborhood, so there's a NEED for guns for the homeowners who can't afford to get out of that area. They need to be able to protect their belongings in the event of a break in, and that's a common occurance in the towns in that area (Calumet City, Dolton, Riverdale, Harvey, South Holland, Phoenix, Markham, Dixmoor, etc. for those familiar with the area). Chuck's has been there for over 20 years, and it's one of the most respected gun shops in the south suburbs of Chicago. The problem, according to Rev. Jackson, is that people make straw purchases (legal gun purchases to give them to people who can't legally own guns) at that particular shop, but closing it would have no impact on the problem, other than the straw buyers would simply have to travel a little farther to buy guns. Why close a legitimate business and take away their livelihood, just because it's in a bad neighborhood? It was a good neighborhood when that store opened. That's like saying you should close all businesses in bad areas. I don't get it.

Edit: I forgot to mention that Chuck's had been investigated by the ATF on straw purchases being made at that store sometime in the late 90's or early 2000's and the investigation showed that the store and its owners had no knowledge of straw purchases being made, and were not involved in any illegal activity. As a matter of fact, I believe the number of guns sold at that store that were used to commit crimes or murder were so low, that further investigation was deemed unnecessary.

I hope the cop that arrested him gets a medal. Maybee people will finally get an idea of how he really is.

Remember, "Guns don't kill people, Someone has to pull the trigger!!!"

hahahaha....Just heard this on the blue collar comedy tour from larry the cable guy: "Guns don't kill people, Husbands that come home early do."......hahahahaha I just had to add this in.