Reverse Light wiring (T5 to AOD harness)

millhouse

Founding Member
May 14, 2002
Simpsonville, SC
I'm doing a 4r70w swap that was previously done in an AOD equipped car. Now, the pigtail on the chassis harness is the same connector for both the T-5 and AOD...but the pin outs seem to be different. When connecting my conversion wiring harness from the baumann TCS (made for an AOD equipped mustang) is attached to my stock T-5 pigtail...the reverse lights will not function. My question is, what is required to get the AOD pigtail to actuate the T-5 reverse lights? This should be the same as anyone converting straight up from a t-5 to AOD.

• Sponsors (?)

Ok, I'm a dumb-ass. The wiring was correct all along...and was setup for an existing T-5. My problem? When I shifted into reverse, I peeked at the reverse light on the passenger side...which happened to be burned out! Too funny, I know!

Anyways, for those interested...here is how things workout.

The Purple/orange and Black/pink wires on the T-5 harness are the reverse wires. These tie into the sn95 harness which directly connect to the transmission range sensor which completes the connection for the shift position.

Likewise, the White/pink and Red/blue wires are the neutral safety wires that connect to the stock clutch. These also get tied into the transmission range sensor to complete the circuit while in park and neutral. On the opposite end is the clutch switch. With the clutch pedal depressed, the circuit operates properly with the shifter and range sensor. For now, I simply tucked the clutch pedal under the carpet until I get the proper pedal assembly. Later on all I'll end up doing is bridging the connection at the clutch switch connector.