revised edelbrock heads

• Sponsors (?)

The revised edelbrocks are a really good head. My friend is making really good power with his 306 with ALL off the shelf stuff on it with junk shorty headers. Its a low 12 car if we had a track to run at.

They are cnc port matched not cnc ported, I like them and they perform well on my coupe. Mods and times in the sig, no dyno yet. Keep in mind my car is completely smog legal with ac and all options. The afr's flow better on the exhaust side but I don't have the flow numbers in front of me. Muscle mustangs and fast fords did a test on several heads a while back and the afr 165's had I think 12 more peak hp. AFRs also had a little higher average tq and hp. They used the same block, cam, and intake for both heads, carbed not efi. Not much info but I hope this helps a little.

Wesley

They are not CNC ported, nor CNC port matched. They are CNC machined - there's a big difference. These (Edelbrock Performers) will compete with the AFR 165's, but the AFR is a better head out of the box. The Edelbrock and AFR both have a bit of meat left in them for a few "touch-ups" if you so desire. I run them and can say that they produce TONS of power (combined with my custom cam). If I had to guess, my car is making 310 RWHP/330 RWTQ.

Joe

I have them, and i am very happy with them. My numbers and track E.T.s are in the sig. I think that in a street setting they will make VERY similar numbers as the AFR heads. I am right in the area of the AFR/FTI guys, even with my off the shelf combo. The biggest thing i like about is the helicoiled header bolt and spark plug holes. Its just a good extra peice of mind. The price was right so i went with them, and im definitly happy. I cant wait to see whats left in them when i get my tweecer, my comp is untouched.

WhiteDevil, you have more in your car with longtubes, bigger TB (do I even have to say the size? ;) ) and that tweecer. Your running pretty good. Whats your cars weight? I'd also suggest removing the front swaybar, a/c and smog pump. Thats a good 70lbs off the front.

Joes95GT said:
Can't take the smog - it's a CA car....

Joe

You can't take it off in ANY state to be technical, but theres ways around that. NY is a very strict state when it comes to emissions (not as bad as cali though) and I manage to pass "with flying colors" with NO smog and an offroad h pipe :D I get the shady inspections :p

I know for a fact the heads ARE port matched to edelbrock intakes.. Not sure if they are CNC port matched or not, but they defintaly line up perfect with the intake ports/gaskets..

IMO they are a really nice head for the price, and defintaly close to the AFR's if not right there with them..Really depends on the cam used, to take full advantage of the heads, since they have a larger intake port then the AFR 165's.

I was able to make 630+rwtq with them, with hardly any timing. This was with the 1.90 valve head too.. ( thats an easy 700+ ft lbs of torque at the motor) on a stock camshaft and stock converter at that..

I could see these heads making 700-800 flywheel horse.. I know, because i plan on doing just that with the small valve head :D