Ricer Kill

Eos

Oh Heather Oh yeah... I want your pink taco
Jun 13, 2003
oklahoma
I was out crusing around tonight, looking for some races. When low and behold a newer model prelude comes up next to me at the light. I stomped it... he pulled on me a bit, but his front end stayed about even with my side mirror. I hit 3rd and it was alll over. :D I raced a new v6 stang too. :rolleyes: I was in 2nd the entire time, but before I could hit 3rd there was a car in front of me, so I had to slow it down.

Disclaimer: I know I'm a bad girl for street racing. But what are you going to do? Come to oklahoma and spank me? :shrug:

• Sponsors (?)

When low and behold a newer model prelude comes up next to me at the light. I stomped it... he pulled on me a bit, but his front end stayed about even with my side mirror. I hit 3rd and it was alll over.

I'd have to see that one. The newer model Ludes have the Vtech motor and they do haul some stink.

fastmustangII said:
I was out crusing around tonight, looking for some races. When low and behold a newer model prelude comes up next to me at the light. I stomped it... he pulled on me a bit, but his front end stayed about even with my side mirror. I hit 3rd and it was alll over. :D I raced a new v6 stang too. :rolleyes: I was in 2nd the entire time, but before I could hit 3rd there was a car in front of me, so I had to slow it down.

Disclaimer: I know I'm a bad girl for street racing. But what are you going to do? Come to oklahoma and spank me? :shrug:

Be careful feeding your Stang all those foreign carbs, it'll put on weight. Leaner, more muscular prey is better for it.

haha ricers are losers. Tonight some ricer kid tried to race me, and I was going to take the bait but there was a car in front of me, so I let off. And the guy in the passenger seat was like "do you need me to teach you how to drive that" I gave him a few choice words not fit for a sailor... hahaha I basically said... "I could out drive you buddy...."

Last year, I used my Stang for commuting to work everyday. I couldnt believe how many kids with imports wanted to race me. I mean many of them seriously wanted to race my car with a Onepointwhatever Liter ricer, they werent just joking around.

If I was driving a fuel-efficient daily beater, and I saw a 500+ horsepower car roll up next to me, I might instigate to get him to smoke the tires or something, but it would be in jest, I know he'd annihilate me if we actually raced, but I'd just want to see and hear his car take off.

But these import clowns have such a serious look on their faces, like they think they have a chance with a stock honda motor, coffee-can muffler, big rear wing, and big rims.
When I nudge the pedal and smoke the tires at highway speed, they get this utterly shocked+pained look on their face, like someone just kicked them in the nuts. I don't know what a lot of the import kids of today are doing with their spare time, but understanding, respecting and building powerful cars isnt one of them. What happened to the good 'ol days??

I guess that is what I really hate about the "ricer" crowd. They (most) believe that a coffee can, big wing a monster tach make a race car, and them the Mario andretti, not that they even know who he is. It used to be stoplight to stoplight playfull fun, or on a deserted, untravelled road. Now anywhere, anytime, and it's the other guys fault if they get hit. The attitude really gets to me. Of course most of them have no idea what a real car has to offer. Work on it! You got to be kidding! Off they go to the "Tuner". I may hate rice, but I do respect the time and quality of workmanship in any ride. I swear every eclipse and honda has to attempt to mess with my 93, heaven help them if they try my II!, Sorry I guess I'm just venting, almost been hit three times by ricer's this week from their lack of driving skill. Should have let the LTD eat, but then I would have to feed it again in an hour> haha.

I know this is a old thread, but I have a story to tell. Last night after I picked up my son, I was taking him to the mall to do some Xmas shopping. I was in this line of cars following a trash truck getting on the highway. I was the last in the line of four cars. When we get to the bottom of the cloverleaf and getting on the highway, the three cars in front of me continue to follow the truck. I on the other hand downshift it and nail the throttle and pull over to the far left lane and take off like a bat out of hell. After I get it up to 105, (I can hear everybody now saying that I shouldn't do that with my kid in the car, I know it was stupid.) I back it down to a respectible 70. Pretty soon I'm at my exit, which was only a couple miles down. As I'm getting onto the offramp and slowing down to make the turn, here comes this Eclipse blasting by me like we're still racing. I never saw them in my rear view mirror the whole time I was on the gas. I wonder if he/she knew that I wasn't trying to race. Just trying to get to the mall to get a decent spot to park (which I did). What's funny is that they must have taken awhile to get up to the speed I did to catch up to me. What's really funny is that I still have the stock motor with the 2 bbl still on top. I don't own a II, but it's a '79. But it still gets me that ricers try to keep up.