Roller Rockers noisy

93 LX

Founding Member
Jun 2, 2000
Norwalk, CA.
Does everyone have this problem? I am either not setting them correctly or they are just junk. The engine sounds like a sewing machine when I rev it up and to be honest its embarassing since from behind it sounds awesome. Can anyone help me figure this out?

• Sponsors (?)

What brand rockers?

From what I have seen/heard, most roller rockers make noise. A friend of mine has a nice set of rockers....I forget what brand, but even after replacing the lifters and adjusting the hell out of them, they still sound like that.

I know mine sound exactly how you describe, I fixed it by turning up the radio.

I have the crane Cobra rockers and mine are almost quite as the stockers.
This is after the 3rd adjustment tho. I adjusted both rockers on at the same time on each cylinder following the firing order.
I believe a lot of ppl are experiencing noisy rockers because the adjustments are a tad bit off.

I have the crane Cobra rockers and mine are almost quite as the stockers.
This is after the 3rd adjustment tho. I adjusted both rockers on at the same time on each cylinder following the firing order.
I believe a lot of ppl are experiencing noisy rockers because the adjustments are a tad bit off.

i have the same rocker arms on my car. i've adjusted them twice and they still make a tad bit more noise than my stockers did. they've gradually gotten quieter over the past month, you can only hear them a bit at idle. still kind of annoying though.

No they do not hit, although they did when I 1st installed the rocker covers. I had to remove the baffle in the cover to make them work. I will try to adjust them again. Can some one tell me the best way to do it? I may be doing it wrong.

It really easy I am thing you use IOEC when the intake starts to open you tighten the nut by finger until the pushrod is hard to turn. then go a half turn and lock it down...then when the exhaust starts to close then adjust intake same way.....someone correct me if I am wrong I could have them backwards

you can't adjust them doing the spin method if you have any that are not pumped up or are bled down they will be to tight i have had it happen before, the best way is to have the intake off but that is very slim so i make sure both valves are up and closed on the compression stroke and go a 1/2 to 3/4 and have never had any problems or never hear the rockers but i try to look at the rocker and feel when i turn the nut to make sure it isn't preloading them then lock them down , but everybody has there own way of doing it ! my stock bolt down rockers on stock 37 heads are loud but i think my rocker tips are wore !

I have the same noisy roller issues. It seems like a common problem:shrug:

I thought it was because I was using cheaper rollers. They are Crane Blue Racers. I checked the valve cover clearance and adjusted them several times...but still, when after the engine is heated up, they're noisy. Worse at idle.

Does anyone run a set of rollers that aren't loud????