Roush Billet pedals

I just got a set of these and just tried to install them. I did everything it asked me in the instructions but it just seemed like I was drilling into my pedals for forever! There has to be a better way. It took me like an hour to just drill one of 10 holes needed to install them. Plus my marks for the holes are almost on the indentations which is a very difficult place to steady a drill. Any of you guys who've done these yourself (or other manufacturers) do I just have to dedicate the time to do this or is there a simpler way?

Thanks.

• Sponsors (?)

I just installed these on my '06 GT this past week. Make sure you have some new/sharp drill bits that are meant for drilling into steel. I used a spring-loaded center punch to mark the holes which prevented the drill bit from wondering around the pedal. The break and clutch pedals are hardened steel so it will take a little while, but no where near an hour per hole. Drilling the hole with the smaller bit first (per the instructions) makes a huge difference in how fast the process goes. I tried using just a larger bit for one of the holes and it took easily 3 times longer.

I probably spent 45minutes total to install all 4 pedals, including taking a break to rest my upper-body after squeezing my 6'5" frame under the dash :)

Well damn..... guess I actually gotta buy my own drill then. I went down to the auto hobby shop on base to do this and can you say worn drills, drill bits and I don't think they've heard of a spring loaded center punch. Oh well, I suppose I just need to nickel and dime it. I'll get it done......eventually. :shrug: