Roush side-exit exhaust

03stang26

Jun 3, 2003
I'm thinking about buying the Stage 3 Roush body kit from mrbodykit.com and if I get it I'm gonna need to get side-exit exhaust as well. I know they make side-exit catbacks, but is there any other way I can transform my exhaust to side-exit? What will I need? I currently have dynomax ultraflo mufflers on my 2000 gt. One more question, I have a chance to get some 4:10 gears for pretty cheap, is the rear end on my 2000gt 8:8?

• Sponsors (?)

Alright, I have a 2001 stage 2, if you don't want to buy a whole new catback system then your gonna have to install the bodykit, PURCHASE the side exit exhaust tips from roush, and then take it to a muffler shop and have them make you a custom bent pipe that runs back to the side (it will come out the back of your current mufflers and look like an "S") It doesn't cost all that much and any proficient exhaust shop should be capable of doing it for you. The reason you should install the body kit first is so the exhaust shop knows exactly where the tips need to be placed in order to fit snug into the tip pockets. You should also probably purchase the exhaust hangers from roush that mount on the body weld, that way they don't sag. Go to roush's site and look for the hangers and you'll see what I'm talking about. And as far as your rearend, as long as it's never been swapped or anything, and it is a GT, Yes, it's an 8.8. Hope this helps but if you have anymore questions email me at [email protected]

most exhaust shops could just bend your pipes into position
i wouldn't recommend it, but it's your choice...

OR you could decide on a Spintech side exhaust which sounds awesome! they now make a kit that fits the roush as long as you buy the roush tips