RPM II with Different Lowers?

• Sponsors (?)

Nope. RPM II works only with an rpm II lower. Maybe its possible if you're really crafty with a dremel tool? My friend will be putting one on his n/a 306 soon, I can't wait to get my hands on it, its a sweet piece from what I seen :D

The RPM II Lower is supposed to be 3/4 of an inch shorter (or taller, I forget..), and cnc machined to match the upper better. The pattern is the same, so it would probably bolt up, but you might face some clearance issues.
Let us know.....

When I bought mine, they said it had to be purchased as a kit because they are not interchangeable. Something about the bolt pattern being different. They said something about it being easier to get to the bolts.

sick95gt said:
When I bought mine, they said it had to be purchased as a kit because they are not interchangeable. Something about the bolt pattern being different. They said something about it being easier to get to the bolts.

Hey! WELCOME TO STANGNET...(and congrats on your first post :cheers: )

Thanks for the replies..

It figures they would make it different.

I was considering having the Typhoon lower ported by Tmoss and getting the RPM II upper down the line.. Since I dont care about optimizing every single piece, I may just have to keep the Typhoon when I get the 331, at least for awhile....Still a year or 2 away, but doesnt hurt to research now.

Thanks
RC

VibrantRedGT said:
When it comes down to it they make more money this way.

That's why their in business.

I can't imagine why they would anyway. You already have the Performer (long runner) and RPMI (shorter runner) to interchange. I bet a pro-worked Performer would kick the crap out of the RPMII on a lot of combos anyway.

Apparently, Edelbrock changed the bolt patterns due to the Chinese Copies.
The RPMII requires the 8-bolt pattern
The NEW RPM lower has both patterns, as does the TF spacer, shown below.
So, it depends on how old your lower is.....

tfs-51520013.jpg

edl-7123_w.jpg

edl-3821.jpg

Dennis

Attachments

• tfs-51520013.jpg
    tfs-51520013.jpg
    8.9 KB · Views: 26
  • edl-7123_w.jpg
    edl-7123_w.jpg
    13.8 KB · Views: 29
  • edl-3821.jpg
    edl-3821.jpg
    10.8 KB · Views: 24
VibrantRedGT said:
I see the Edelbrock Rep all the time and dog on him about this very subject. When it comes down to it they make more money this way.

True....I know youre going that route Joe....Im still researching on what I want, since my car "runs fine" for now...just cant beat on it until the new motor, which still may be over a year away.

(How about some Towers Friday?)

RC