saleen or KB supercharger???

• Sponsors (?)

If you are talking about the series IV saleen, the supercharger units theselves are comparible. The problem with the saleen is the lower intake. It was designed poorly, and takes a lot of work to get it to flow very good. If buying it new definetely go with the KB. You will never see a KB owner switching to the saleen, but you will find plenty who have switched from the saleen to the KB.

QDRHRSE said:
Why a Kb when you could have a Vortech or ProCharger?

I like the clean install look of the KB vs the ProChargers. I also understand that the KB starts making power sooner, someone will correct me if Im wrong there Im sure, but that is my understanding so if I decide to go forced induction it would probably be a KB also....

Knowledgeable sources have told me that the KB 1.7L or 2.2L is way better than the Saleen Series IV or V, because of the crappy Saleen lower intake, and the poorly sealed intercooler (lots of air going around the intercooler, rather than through it).

Yep. Saleen's intake sucks. KBs is better. I hear that the Roush blower has the best intake design. Too bad they put a weak blower on top of it though. They need to add a twin screw to that intake and offer a lower price.

Mossberg said:
Yep. Saleen's intake sucks. KBs is better. I hear that the Roush blower has the best intake design. Too bad they put a weak blower on top of it though. They need to add a twin screw to that intake and offer a lower price.

That would be an awesome set-up. Shame it's been proposed but, won't happen. :shrug:

RECOMMENDATION: KB

Comes down to engineering. Twin screw > centrifugal; it gives a broader power band and is efficient throughout the rev range. AMG used an IHI design on their SLK/C 32 and CLS/E 55 iterations of late. :)

jimfitzgerald said:
My best time with a Paxton Novi 2000 making 22 psi was 10.3 at 135 mph. My best time with a 2.2 KB making 20 psi is 10.0 at 137 mph.

Note that once the KB was installed there were additional mods that were not present when the Novi was in place.

And for those who are not familiar with the differences between centrifugal (Novi) and twin screw (KB) superchargers, the psi number comparison is apples to oranges.

The Novi 2000 could have definitely run a 10.0 (or high 9's) on the same car with more optimal mods.