saleen or KB supercharger???

Blown00GTAuto said:
Me insinuate? You added more mods to your car and didn't mention them when making a direct comparison. The mods definitely made the car faster.

That much inferior Novi 2000 you had could have run 10 flat or high 9's too if it had been set up with equivalent additional mods and that is something most people would not attempt to dispute. As far as your KB being a better street car, how often do you go WOT out on the street anyways?

We all know how fast your car runs, but you ask what does mine run? It runs fast enough for me to have all the fun I need ....out on the street. Since I've never taken it to the track after five years, that's some indication of where my motivation lies.

Let's face it, Centri's rule :p.
What mods are you referring to? I only remember the A/C delete and electric water pump worth a total of 0.08 seconds. The KB was almost 0.4 seconds quicker than the Novi 2000. I stand by my statement, the 2.2 KB is superior to any centrifugal on the street and down to low 10's or high 9's. That's my experience based on having had both and raced both. If you want to go faster, then get a Novi 2000 or ProCharger.

Edit: On the street, I don't need to go WOT. The KB pulls like mad at half throttle.

• Sponsors (?)

jimfitzgerald said:
What mods are you referring to? I only remember the A/C delete and electric water pump worth a total of 0.08 seconds. ..

In addition to the mods you mentioned, did you upgrade your intercooling system?

Also, your car was not initially faster with the KB to my recollection so I'm not sure how you calculated only 0.08 seconds increase for all the new mods. Also, what are the differences in weather conditions when each type of S/C was run at its fastest time.

Again, the boost (psi) numbers are not to be compared directly between a centri and a KB. The blowers do not work the same, so the efficiency and airflow at a measured psi do not directly correspond, i.e, the centri will not perform the same at a lower psi but can continue to perform well at a higher psi than the KB within the range of performance we are talking. Do you disagree with this point?

My intent is not to debate but more to prevent others from being unclear about the differences.

Blown00GTAuto said:
In addition to the mods you mentioned, did you upgrade your intercooling system?

Also, your car was not initially faster with the KB to my recollection so I'm not sure how you calculated only 0.08 seconds increase for all the new mods. Also, what are the differences in weather conditions when each type of S/C was run at its fastest time.

Again, the boost numbers are not to be compared directly between a centri and a KB. The blowers do not work the same, so the efficiency and airflow at a measured psi do not directly correspond, i.e, the centri will not perform the same at a lower psi but can continue to perform well at a higher psi than the KB within the range of performance we are talking. Do you disagree with this point?

My intent is not to debate but more to prevent others from being unclear about the differences.
Both runs were at Orlando under nearly identical weather conditions. The Novi had a Paxton air to air intercooler. The KB has the stock KB intercooler. The Novi was making 22 psi, the max Tim would spin it. The KB is making 20, again the max Tim will spin it. The a/c delete is 30 pounds and the water pump is worth less than 10 rwhp. I use an on-line calculator to calculate what that's worth and it's worth a lot less at 10.0 seconds than if I was running 13.0 for instance. I am not trying to paint a false picture here or hide any pertinent information. Go over to Modular DePot and look at all the people selling their centrifugals and getting 2.2 KB's. Why do you think that is? Have you ever ridden in a KB car? Try it sometime.

Edit: Oh yes, I dialed in my street tune and put 80 pounds of weight in the car and ran a 10.30 and 10.25, both quicker than the Novi.

One other thing. The KB seems to be much more consistent. I ran a 10.043 followed by a 10.048. My goal is to qualify at 10.1x and run 10.0x in eliminations. I believe the KB will do a better job.

jimfitzgerald said:
... I am not trying to paint a false picture here or hide any pertinent information. Go over to Modular DePot and look at all the people selling their centrifugals and getting 2.2 KB's. Why do you think that is? ...

I don't think you're trying to paint a false picture but I don't see that you are aware of all the little things that account for the differences in track times.

The reason those people are selling their centrifugals is because shops like MPH are excellent at promoting their cause ....and I do admire that :).

On a lighter note, yesterday I was forced to politely engage a young cutie who had parked her 6 cyl Stang near mine. She approached me asking if I had a V8 and if it had good "pick up". She had no idea about the sound of the blower or cams. When I told her mine had good "pick up", she responded sincerely that hers does too ....and she was serious. Well in her mind her car is quick so as long as she's happy with it that's all that really matters :hail2:. I would never want to prove her otherwise.

I hope all of you with KB's have years of fun with your cars.

Blown00GTAuto said:
On a lighter note, yesterday I was forced to politely engage a young cutie who had parked her 6 cyl Stang near mine. She approached me asking if I had a V8 and if it had good "pick up". She had no idea about the sound of the blower or cams. When I told her mine had good "pick up", she responded sincerely that hers does too ....and she was serious. Well in her mind her car is quick so as long as she's happy with it that's all that really matters :hail2:. I would never want to prove her otherwise.

You did not offer to take her for a ride :nonono: