Roush Saleen production?

1995cobraR

Jan 15, 2004
Atlanta
I've searched the site with no luck. Anyone have the total production (by year and model) of the Saleen?

I understand Steve Saleen no longer owns the company? Will this affect future production?

Thanks! :nice:

• Sponsors (?)

Thanks

:nice:
Thanks, exactly what I needed. How many 95R were done by Saleen (I noticed you have one)? Were the other (96-99) S-351 cars made from a 6 cyl. car? The 94 SR? Which one(s) are your favorite?

I don't know how many R-Codes were built in 95. Liz at Saleen would know. Not all S351's were made from v-6's. Some were made from the GTS mustang. A 5 liter car with no wing and some delete's. THe SR is a widebody car for the weekend racer types and pricey. I like my R-Code. It gets the job done. Steve Saleen has not owned the majority of his company for some time now. It was news only a few weeks back if I remember that A Michigan Co. ??? Someone correct me if I'm wrong, purchased Saleen and promised great things.

marcus95 said:
Steve Saleen has not owned the majority of his company for some time now. It was news only a few weeks back if I remember that A Michigan Co. ??? Someone correct me if I'm wrong, purchased Saleen and promised great things.

Thanks...any one else got info on this kinda curious as to what happened???? :shrug: :shrug: :shrug:

Hidden Creek Industries bailed out Steve back in 1994.
Tony Johnson happened to be a fan of cars and wanted to buy one of the old team race cars. It went from there.
That is the sanitized version. The other version is that Saleen was in so much debt, including to HCI, that the easiest way out was to let them take over control.
I don't know which is more correct.

RacerCosmo said:
Hidden Creek Industries bailed out Steve back in 1994.
Tony Johnson happened to be a fan of cars and wanted to buy one of the old team race cars. It went from there.
That is the sanitized version. The other version is that Saleen was in so much debt, including to HCI, that the easiest way out was to let them take over control.
I don't know which is more correct.

Appreciate the info and feedback.