Salvage Yards Disappointment

• Sponsors (?)

sooo contact him with a list of parts, get a price quote, pay, and receive? This very promising. It'd be a wet dream to have a rustang only yard near me.
If you're looking for something specific, you can give this guy a call. I met him a little over a year ago, very nice and reasonable, I was considering building a t-top car, and he said that he would sell me a shell with windsheild, doors and door glass, and t-tops for $300. http://carolinamustangparts.com/

EDIT: He is willing to ship any parts, well, anything reasonable.

sooo contact him with a list of parts, get a price quote, pay, and receive? This very promising. It'd be a wet dream to have a rustang only yard near me.
No BS, dude is cool, and making a living off of selling old mustang parts. When I went down there last year, he was in process of moving to his new location, but still had 50+ foxes in his spot at the time. I wish it was closer to me, (about 4-5 hour drive), but he will ship anything reasonable (if you want a complete engine, thats a different story). Great contact if you need a specific interior part or something like that, just give em a call and I'm sure he will hook you up.
BTW I am in no way associated with this yard, I just know that it is a good place to find that out of the way part that you are looking for.:nice:

No BS, dude is cool, and making a living off of selling old mustang parts. When I went down there last year, he was in process of moving to his new location, but still had 50+ foxes in his spot at the time. I wish it was closer to me, (about 4-5 hour drive), but he will ship anything reasonable (if you want a complete engine, thats a different story). Great contact if you need a specific interior part or something like that, just give em a call and I'm sure he will hook you up.
BTW I am in no way associated with this yard, I just know that it is a good place to find that out of the way part that you are looking for.:nice:
First I'm going to check out those locals I mentioned earlier, but this is actually a pretty good bet. After the locals i'll email the guy, (like I've made clear I needed some valve covers, overflow reservoir, fan shroud, interior parts, and so on), nothing like an engine or transmission.

It looks highly promising, i'll mention you and see if I can get you on a list for discounts;)

Thanks, but I really doubt if he remembers me, a buddy and I rode down last summer just to check the yard out, and he was obviously running his own yard, was in the middle of pulling a 5.0 out of a wreck when we got there, and was a little hesitant to letting us "browse" through his yard. After I told him that I was looking for a potential t-top shell to base a project off of, he was more than happy to let us look at some of the straight shells that he had. So I took it as he just doesn't like people browsing (possibly stealing stuff off his cars) when there in person. We talked to him for a while and gave both of us his card and told us that if we ever need a part for our mustangs to give him a call. My buddies is a '90 GT and mine at the time was a '91 LX. Good guy though, so if you need anything that you can't find, I would deff give him a call.

Thanks, but I really doubt if he remembers me, a buddy and I rode down last summer just to check the yard out, and he was obviously running his own yard, was in the middle of pulling a 5.0 out of a wreck when we got there, and was a little hesitant to letting us "browse" through his yard. After I told him that I was looking for a potential t-top shell to base a project off of, he was more than happy to let us look at some of the straight shells that he had. So I took it as he just doesn't like people browsing (possibly stealing stuff off his cars) when there in person. We talked to him for a while and gave both of us his card and told us that if we ever need a part for our mustangs to give him a call. My buddies is a '90 GT and mine at the time was a '91 LX. Good guy though, so if you need anything that you can't find, I would deff give him a call.
Seeing how I literally can not find anything worth damn, I will.
I've dealt with guys that run their own salvage yards and shops, stuff gets stolen from them allll the time. I can understand him being sketchy without security, tall fences, barbed wire and so forth. Still, it looks very promising, and a place like that deserves to be known, though he probably couldn't handle a large amount of business.

end up buying the shell there?

Nope, I really couldn't afford it at the time, but I still plan on doing the project, and if I can't find a deal on at least a roller, then that is my next stop.
Edit: I was planning on swapping everything from my 2.3 '91 into a t-top shell, just because I love the t-tops so much after the '86 I had, but those plans got ruined after my accident. I was just thinking about having an awesome cruiser and when the money and time is right, I know he has at least 20+ t-top shells sittin there.

Nope, been unemployed for over a year, and it sucks ass. For the t-top shell with the doors, door glass, windsheild, and t-tops was $300, given that I towed it out. The shell that he wanted to sell me was straight, only issue was that the trunk area was cut, I assumed to replace the fuel pump at one point. Yeah, it's hard to afford a project when you have no steady income...

EDIT: I have to say this before people start hating, I am not on welfare, and I will never ask our government to help me. My girl and I have lived through this back and forth for 5 years, so I know that we will make it through. Once I do get work, I will probably start a build thread for my '87, till then, just trying to help others out.:nice:

Reactions: 1 user
Nope, been unemployed for over a year, and it sucks ass. For the t-top shell with the doors, door glass, windsheild, and t-tops was $300, given that I towed it out. The shell that he wanted to sell me was straight, only issue was that the trunk area was cut, I assumed to replace the fuel pump at one point. Yeah, it's hard to afford a project when you have no steady income...

EDIT: I have to say this before people start hating, I am not on welfare, and I will never ask our government to help me. My girl and I have lived through this back and forth for 5 years, so I know that we will make it through. Once I do get work, I will probably start a build thread for my '87, till then, just trying to help others out.:nice:
And thanks for the help! I wish the best, aslong as you aren't leeching the government saying "everyone else is doing, I might as well" then great:p Hell, I'd aim for even a part time job if I were you. Dime a dozen to the right person round' here.

Most of you know I work at a salvage yard. We are the ONLY ones who still buy Fox body Mustangs. I have like 7 or 8 here. What I hate is when people expect something for nothing. We are NOT a U-Pull-It...we have employees. However there are a handful of customers that I let go out sometimes when we are busy.

A guy found a shroud, tank and fan/clutch assy. I wanted $100. He wants to pay $50. I ended up giving in and took $50 but guess what!!!!......I bought a fox body a month later that need that stuff. It had an E-fan that was junk. So I price this stuff out at 50resto.....

Ford fan blade & clutch $134.99

Shroud, tank and correct bolts/clips $159.99

Total: $294.98.

Glad that I helped some a$$hole out so I could get screwed over!!!!!!

Most of you know I work at a salvage yard. We are the ONLY ones who still buy Fox body Mustangs. I have like 7 or 8 here. What I hate is when people expect something for nothing. We are NOT a U-Pull-It...we have employees. However there are a handful of customers that I let go out sometimes when we are busy.

A guy found a shroud, tank and fan/clutch assy. I wanted $100. He wants to pay $50. I ended up giving in and took $50 but guess what!!!!......I bought a fox body a month later that need that stuff. It had an E-fan that was junk. So I price this stuff out at 50resto.....

Ford fan blade & clutch $134.99

Shroud, tank and correct bolts/clips $159.99

Total: $294.98.

Glad that I helped some a$$hole out so I could get screwed over!!!!!!
For the shroud like 25 to 35 is what'd I'd be willing to pay, the tank 35 also. no more than 70 for the both. But he did get a good deal:p
Course, the shroud and tank I would like to say I could get for 95 online new, and the clips and bolts for another 15. 160 is way high.
And aftermarket fans and clutches I've seen go for less too. It all depends where you look, but I get your point.

Dont forget about the forum discount for your orders. If you dont know about it, check out this thread.

http://www.stangnet.com/mustang-forums/threads/stangnet-discount-info.852378/
I always keep this in mind! Just waiting for the right time and when I have more cash available to make a decent size order instead of bugging you about every 5 dollar purchase I plan to make:p

I don't see how preferring LRS is bad:p

It means if I buy local and give my hard earned money to support local business, I have to PAY MORE MONEY.. which is bad. This is why we need to figure something out to help local patrons... hint, hint. Jarrod@latemodel

Stangnet discount still doesn't cover taxes.. Taxes just eat discount..

It means if I buy local and give my hard earned money to support local business, I have to PAY MORE MONEY.. which is bad. This is why we need to figure something out to help local patrons... hint, hint. Jarrod@latemodel

Stangnet discount still doesn't cover taxes.. Taxes just eat discount..
This is true, I was thinking about it, taxes is what? .825? so that makes a total discount of .175 for us texans:p
Still very happy with saving even a bit though

also why do we call it LRS if the initials are LMR?

anddd LRS's location is only an hour out from me.

This is true, I was thinking about it, taxes is what? .825? so that makes a total discount of .175 for us texans:p
Still very happy with saving even a bit though

also why do we call it LRS if the initials are LMR?

anddd LRS's location is only an hour out from me.

Last time I got the SN discount it was 5%, not 10%. I'll take ten if it's offered though, happily. Then I won't order from CJ's as often as I do..:shrug:

5** percent not 10, still, just said the wrong thing. I like CJ's selection, but it feels impersonal when I have questions. Still, when I needed a gasket for a 2100 barrel stock carb on a 1970 mustang, they of course had it. So there's benefits to using both