SCREW POWER!!! I WANT MUSIC TO MY EARS!!!

CobraSVT95

Jun 18, 2004
Alright guys so im sitting behind a 95 cobra at a stoplight talking on my phone to the gf and not paying attention. anyways red goes green he takes off and..."HOLY ****!" I seriously got chills up my back. i also hang up on her (i tell her it was an accident to avoid getting into trouble obviously) to catch up to him so i could talk to him. anyways just my luck he speeds up and i get caught behind another light. -sorry so long...

so this is the deal
if you are one these guys with the exhaust set up that vibrates your chest more than the two 12's you got in the trunk then i need to please know what it is

my setup is in my sig

also as i stated i don't mind sacrificing a few hp's to get it

thanks guys

• Sponsors (?)

dumps sound alright but they are just not for me

loudness is also not the main reason i just want it be....um...well the best sounding exhaust setup

regardless of price

I used to have an offroad h-pipe with MAC catback and that was loud and mean sounding. It would set off car alarms. MM&FF once did a comparo and I think the MACs were one of the loudest in their test.

I bet longtubes + offroad h-pipe + MAC catback would sound bad a$$

i set off car alarms with just my flowmasters an off road H, but i took off my tailpipes yesterday an it was fnny as hell, people were looking at my car ogin by like wtf, the sound of dumps i just dont think goes along with the look of our car, it doesnt sound right for how our cars look to me. i still like not having them onthough, its funny geting wierd looks

CopMagnet5oh said:
prochamber would kill the sound, or so i heard. i had mac LTs+off-h and catback, sweet sound, but i added cats to mine to make it little queter.

i didn't hear that about the prochamber, just that it was a great alternative to the o/r x or h. (I thought it was a version of an o/r h) but nevertheless, i don't have one nor have specifically heard one so don't take my word for it!

I don't think my setup is particularly loud (compared to dumps) but everyone marvels at the low bass tone it produces when I go to WOT from a stop. I've got stock headers with a Bassani o/r X and catback.

It's quiet at idle with a hint of "something-something" going on under the hood. At cruising RPM's, it has a nice growl to it. At WOT, it sounds like a demon coming to take your soul back to it's lair.

My setup is fairly quiet at idle, but it screams when you step on it. A couple weeks ago when I was at the dyno, I had the opportunity to stand about 50 feet behind the car while it was run at WOT ... I distinctly remember feeling it rattle the organs inside my chest... :)

My setup is BBK LT's, Dr. Gas offroad X-pipe, and Magnaflow cat-back. Best sounding exhaust I've ever had on a Mustang (and I've had six Mustangs :)).

having a loud exhuast and an exhuast that sounds good are 2 diffrent things. You cant just dump the exhuast put on one chamber flows and LT's and expect it to sound good, yeah it will be loud but prob will annoy the hell out of you after awhile.

The Pro-Chamber does quiet down the exhaust, but it sounds great :nice:. Here's a sound clip of mine at the drag strip last year, not the best but you get the idea. O/R Pro Chamber with Dynomax super turbo's dumped.

RIGHT CLICK-SAVE AS

My connection is a little slow so give it time to download.

Striped5.0 said:
having a loud exhuast and an exhuast that sounds good are 2 diffrent things. You cant just dump the exhuast put on one chamber flows and LT's and expect it to sound good, yeah it will be loud but prob will annoy the hell out of you after awhile.

Exactly, If you really want a heart-thumping exhaust that isn't obnoxious, then you need high pressure and lots of bore in your combustion chambers. In other words: a high compression big block. Maybe that cobra had a windsor in it.

What do our cars run? like 8.7:1 compression? That's weak. If you really want that type of exhaust note, I would run ANY combo of headers/midpipe/mufflers, but also with a set of high compression heads (shaved even) and/or a blower.

I have two dream engines for any car: one for show, one for go. The one for show has Big cubes and high compression (purely for the exhaust note). The one for go is a smaller turbo V-8.