SCT X-cal 2 (just ordered one)

BlackenedSVT

Jan 18, 2004
New Jersey
And i got the 3 additional tunes. I'm hoping now i can fix my 3.73 rear end gear change that has my speedo all messed up :(

Also, i got all 3 tunes the same, because i can't go back to a "stock tune" really, since i got rid of most of my stock parts, and i dont know what my future mods will be.

Soooo my question is: When i get my car dynoed and then tuned... do they OVERWRITE one of my 3 slots of tunes? Or do they just program the car and its done (not taking up any tune slots).

And also, Can I make a custom tune myself and put it on one of the slots? Say i want to bump the A/F mixture with the SCT, can i put that into a slot 1 tune then? Know what i mean? :shrug:

I also have a damn ABS light that i want to read :mad:

• Sponsors (?)

If you get a tune made by a dyno shop that uses SCT products, they will upload the new tune into one of the slots on your XCAL2 overwriting what's there. Your dealer should've given you a copy of those tunes on disk. If not, ask for them.

XCAL2 tunes come in two flavors. XTRs and LL3s. The XTRs can be edited by you using Extreme Tune, a free download from SCTFLASH.com. With Extreme Tune, you would edit the XTR file then upload it into a slot on your XCAL2, then into your car. LL3 tunes are not editable by Extreme Tune but are editable on the device itself. You load LL3 files onto your XCAL2 using LiveLoad, a free download too. You can't edit an XTR on your PC then edit it on the device. It's one or the other. The good thing is that there's a thread on the SCTFLASH.com forums where you can get your XTR file converted into an LL3.

Read all the FAQs and user's guides on SCTFLASH's forums.

propellerhead said:
If you get a tune made by a dyno shop that uses SCT products, they will upload the new tune into one of the slots on your XCAL2 overwriting what's there. Your dealer should've given you a copy of those tunes on disk. If not, ask for them.

XCAL2 tunes come in two flavors. XTRs and LL3s. The XTRs can be edited by you using Extreme Tune, a free download from SCTFLASH.com. With Extreme Tune, you would edit the XTR file then upload it into a slot on your XCAL2, then into your car. LL3 tunes are not editable by Extreme Tune but are editable on the device itself. You load LL3 files onto your XCAL2 using LiveLoad, a free download too. You can't edit an XTR on your PC then edit it on the device. It's one or the other. The good thing is that there's a thread on the SCTFLASH.com forums where you can get your XTR file converted into an LL3.

Read all the FAQs and user's guides on SCTFLASH's forums.

Got a link to these forums? I got the SCT from Mustangtuning.com and im not sure what "type" i got or how you even tell :shrug:

If you're XCAL2 says "Ford", it's a model 9400 and it came with "custom" tunes built by the vendor. If it says "SF", it's a model 9415 and it came with 3 canned tunes. But don't think you're getting less than those that bought a 9400. If you have just minor bolt ons and order a custom XCAL2, most vendors will take canned tunes and change the gear setting or turn off rear 02 sensor tests and call them "custom" tunes. The real custom tunes are made based on dyno runs.

You can get custom tunes from a tuner, erase the canned tunes on your 9415, upload the custom tunes and you now have a 9400.

www.sctflash.com

I also put on all 3 tunes that i want them to run on 91 octane and now i realize that there is a gas station near me that has 93. Is there a way for me to change the tunes that i will be receiving to take 93 octane instead?

Also, is there anyway that i can RE-tune my 3 tune slots at all. Like make my own tunes over and over again?

SteedaGTJ22 said:
I also put on all 3 tunes that i want them to run on 91 octane and now i realize that there is a gas station near me that has 93. Is there a way for me to change the tunes that i will be receiving to take 93 octane instead?

Also, is there anyway that i can RE-tune my 3 tune slots at all. Like make my own tunes over and over again?
All the tuner will do is add more timing and call it a 93-octane tune. Just add timing advance by yourself until it pings, then back off a degree. You can edit, save, upload tunes all day long.

X-cal2 Just arrived :D Mwhahahah

Anyway, so my brother has a 97 F-150 and my mom, a 2002 Mercury Mountaineer. I was wondering if i can use the X-cal to read trouble codes for them AND maybe "tune" their cars (not that i would, but i want to know if i can). Maybe adjust A/F and stuff with my brothers truck. :shrug:

SteedaGTJ22 said:

Anyway, so my brother has a 97 F-150 and my mom, a 2002 Mercury Mountaineer. I was wondering if i can use the X-cal to read trouble codes for them AND maybe "tune" their cars (not that i would, but i want to know if i can). Maybe adjust A/F and stuff with my brothers truck. :shrug:[/QU OTE]
It can read codes for other cars with ODB ports but will not "tune" other cars. Thats why you gave them your computer code.............:bang:

4.6flash said:
SteedaGTJ22 said:

Anyway, so my brother has a 97 F-150 and my mom, a 2002 Mercury Mountaineer. I was wondering if i can use the X-cal to read trouble codes for them AND maybe "tune" their cars (not that i would, but i want to know if i can). Maybe adjust A/F and stuff with my brothers truck. :shrug:[/QU OTE]
It can read codes for other cars with ODB ports but will not "tune" other cars. Thats why you gave them your computer code.............:bang:

Not even A/F or anything? Hmm crappy. Oh well. Now i need to download some livedata logging stuff and have fun :)