Seat Swap Question

FirstTimeFord

Sep 4, 2011
I have a 93 vert. Original driver's seat and power motors were "toast". I found a set of seats from a 94 or 97 that are in much better shape. My question is: When I mount the seats and tighten down the bolts/nuts, the adjusting motors seem to bid up and don't want to move the seat. If I loosen up the fasteners, the seat moves ok. Are the floor pans on my 93 different and I'm torquing the seat frame when I snug it down? Guessing someone here has experienced this. TIA......Al

• Sponsors (?)

I put a set of 2000 GT seats in my 1981 Fairmont and they bolted right up with no mods necessary. Why do I mention this? All Fox Body cars (1979-2004) use the same floor pan. So outside of power for power seats, any seat out of a Fox Body platform will directly bolt up to any other Fox Body platform car regardless of year.

Shim the rails with some washers. You should be able to get enough clearance without too much effort.

Thanks for the replies. I was going to tighten down the bolts one at a time and see where the binding started and shim that position. Everything I've always heard was that the floor pans are the same. That's why I'm perplexed. Guess my car could be twisted from all that horsepower from my bone stock 162k mile 5.0.....LOL....Al