September SOTHM WINNER!!!!11!!

LaserSVT

Got FB banned again for saying nards
Founding Member
Nov 29, 1999
Very tight race there, right up to the end :nice:

We have a very sweet high horse power monster here folks. This GT makes Cobras look like little worms :rlaugh:

So everybody show props to our winner! SaleenGT2001!!! :rock:

SaleenGT2001 said:
still getting the pics. trying to scan the for sale ad from when i bought it

first of all,thanks to everyone that voted my car for the SN95 of the month.

I bought this car in Oct of 2004. I found it for sale in the paper and was in love as soon as i saw it. I took my wife (girlfriend at the time) with me to go check it out and talk me out of buying a new car. When we got there i was very impressed with the car and it even impressed Jenn so much she told me i was stupid if i didn't buy it. After we left the previous owners house i said the dumbest thing i would ever say.....she still doesn't let me live it down to this day. I told her that the car was so nice that i couldn't think of ANYTHING more i wanted to add to it!!!(see modlist:rlaugh:)anyways i bought the car the very next day and brought my baby home!!!

Now comes the fun stuff. I kept it stock for about 6 months. I joined this site in July 2005 and that was when the sickness began. I added a set of 3.90 gears in July of 2005 along with a CAI and some other minor mods. In Jan of 2006 i bought the cowl hoodand did some body mods. Then after months of waiting and wanting i bought a Novi 2K mongoose kit in May of 2006. That was where the avalanche started!!! By Aug i had an intercooler and by September i had purchased a 2001 built Cobra engine and Viper transmission. the engine ended up being badly messed up so i salvaged all the parts that were still good and started my parts room! the engine build took almost 2 years to complete and the car stayed down for many small mods during this time more than it stayed on the road:rolleyes: Finally in May of this year the new engine went in. i had gone from wanting a 500 hp car to craving 600+ to the wheels....and everyone knows the rest.

Overall i am VERY pleased with my car, and i am proud to say that i have done 99% of all the work myself. It started as your average underpowered 4.6 and is now one of the fastest street cars in this part of the state.

Mods List:

Performance-

Paxton Novi 2000
Custom Front Mount Intercooler 24x12x3 core
Tial 50mm BOV
Viper spec T56 transmission
Aluminum driveshaft
HPM driveshaft safety loop
Maximum Motorsports full length subframes
SLP Loud Mouth catback
BBK 75 mm throttle body
SCT FastLane custom tune
60LB injectors
MGW short throw shifter
MGW shift knob
Fidanza aluminum flywheel
Spec stage 3+ clutch
Motive 3.90 gears
Auburn Pro 31 spline differential
Moser 31 spline axles w/ 3" studs
Moser C-clip eliminators
Autometer Lunar gauge cluster
Autometer Lunar boost and fuel pressure gauges
AEM wideband gauge
Raptor shift light
Steeda clutch quadrant and firewall adjuster
Cobra fuel tank Dual GT supercar pumps
SLP line lock
SCT 3000 MAF
Tokico HP shocks/struts
Cobra brakes front & rear
P51 intake
2004 Cobra crank
Ported PI heads
MPH custom grind blower cams
Manley Billet I-Beam rods
Mahle pistons
ARP head and main studs
CPR fuel rails
Oil pump with billet gear
Canton oil pan
Bassani mid length ceramic headers
Bassani off road midpipe
new ford racing block
8 Rib kit
Innovators West 10% OD crank pulley
modified FPDM
8 gauge wiring for fuel pumps
PPRV delete
NOS intercooler spray bar
NOS polished 10lb bottle and billet bracket
Spec stage 3+ clutch
CPR fuel rails
8AN braided fuel line
Welded axle tubes
UPR lower control arms
UPR upper control arms

Appearance-

3" cowl induction hood
2003 Cobra seats
Rear seat delete
FR500 steering wheel
18x9 Saleen rims front
18x10 Saleen rims rear
BFG comp ta 265/35/18 fronts
305/35/18 Mickey Thompson Street ET radials
Mach 1 grill delete
Clear corner smoked headlights
tinted tail lights
sequential tail lights
HID conversion kit 8000K
2003 Cobra mirrors
5% tint all the way around
H&R race springs with M/M camber plates
Block It NOAH car cover
Weld ProStar rims with 275/50/15 M/T Street ET radials
Pioneer AVH-P4000 DVD player

now for the pics
SaleenGT20011.jpg

SaleenGT20013.jpg

SaleenGT20012.jpg

751.jpg

MustangWeek2007021-1.jpg

crazymustang2-2.jpg

MustangWeek2007015-2.jpg

MustangWeek2007016-1.jpg

MustangWeek2007020.jpg

• Sponsors (?)

I look at your car and drool. It is such a sweet nice ride and just unbelievable in the power and looks department.

This begs the question. WHY THE FRACK ARE YOU SELLING IT YOU DOUCHE CANOE?
:D

:nice: i always liked your car. ive been nominating you in the last couple of times. i knew you would win it! the car looks bad ass and to me that is important. however, it cost a fraction to achieve that compaired to the cost of gettion the power you have. well deserved............dont sell it man:shrug:

Posted via Mobile DeviceThanks everyone.
and no, the car is not for sale. that pic is from when i bought it 3 years ago.

in fact it nay be getting a new playmate:D
:rlaugh: You butt head! Glad you are not selling it. Just so all of you dont think im nuts, when I asked him for pictures he sent me this and I almost choked when I saw it :rlaugh:
mustangforsale.jpg

EDIT: BTW, dont you think with all the HP you should get some better brakes :shrug:
If you wreck and kill yourself I am sooooo gonna kick your arse! :fuss: :rlaugh:

Posted via Mobile DeviceIt has cobra brakes on it. most of those pics are old
Im sorry mang! I consider you a friend and when I saw that I was floored! $17K was a deal and a half! I was thinking I could dump my Cobra for 22K real quick and get something with power AND have 5K left :rlaugh:

Anyway, the car is nothing short of spectacular and you are a great member of this site so :cheers:
And post some brake pics, I wana see how they look. I have been asked before if I was gonna upgrade mine but Cobra brakes with vented rotors, EBC pads and braided lines make for one great stopping package. Im sure at the track (road course) I could heat them up enough for some fade but when I did 160 and hit them the car stopped RIGHT NOW with no dramma. Seems good enough for me :nice:

BTW, I lol everytime I see your license plate! :nice:

only 2 track passes on street tires so far. also on the low 600 tune. it ran a best of 11.85 @ 125
Any plans on some DRs or slicks soon?
I bet that thing can do a real low 10 :nice:
If you are real good and pulled some crap out I would not be overly supriesed to see single digits :banana:
I gotta go fap now! :leaving:

the street tires are DR's. still need a set of 15's to get some good times out of it

I was curious about that because I'm only putting down half of what you are and was looking for some 315's (my 275's aren't cutting it) so I thought you might be having launch issues. A friend of mine is in your power range and moved on from the low profiles to 15" ET's and they stick like glue.

I think you have a low 10 in there too. Again, very impressive ride!