Shock/Strut Problems??

Adam95GT

Aug 14, 2006
Burlington, NJ
Because im running 315's out back i had to reverse my quad shocks awhile back... But now since i put my hp blues on the car the quad shock is rubbing on my HP blues and rubbing paint / little metal off the part that covers the shock... the stockers were plastic i guess thats y there was no problems with them??? I dont think it will cause a problem but i figured id ask...

Also when you guys changed your front struts... did you leave the plastic cover/ bushing on from the stock struts??? im hearing a clicking on one side over big bumps and i think its due to this peice...

-adam

• Sponsors (?)

im picking up C&C plates for $60 Kenny Browns and new front tires ($90 for toyo proxies)... does anyone have a write up on installing C&C plates and lineing them up right????

also... does anyone think subframes are worth 65 shipped for a bolt in set... ive been offered the set kinda cheap im thinking about picking them up 2...

C/C plates are easy to install. But PLEASE get the 4 bolt MM plates. And I would bring it to a shop to get it aligned. Cause it WILL be off alot.

And from what I have heard, full length weld in subs are the only way to go.

And you can take your quads off it you need. They reduce wheel hop, but I have heard of people taking them off and not noticing anything.

i already sent the payment on the C&C's but for $60 if they get the job done i really dont care... Yea as soon as i put the plates on im taking it to a local tire place to get the new tires on and we are going to my friends dads shop to get it aligned.... maybe now ill get rid of this steering wheel shake...

3 bolts

CC_plates_side.jpg

CC_plates_top.jpg

ES doesnt have different mounts for verts or coupes AFAIK.

Try and find KB specific info for the CC plate install since there can be slight variances in plate designs (ergo, shimming would be different).

Indeed, I'm pretty sure the 'vert motor mounts are the same. About the quad shock clearance issue, I had the same thing happen when I put on my 315's, I tried flipping the quad shocks but the driver's side one interfered with the Tokico HP's, so I ditched them altogether. I have zero wheel hop with the MM LCA's anyways. As for the front struts, yeah just swap-over the black plastic coverings to the new ones. They look odd with the blue struts, but you don't see them anyways with the car at ride height. I was able to swap both struts in under 45 minutes :D

Yea mine were quick.... finding a way to get my fuel lines off took awhile.... put some toothpicks in the lines n popped them off :) But yea my top bolts wouldnt come off... so we sawzawed them off lol... i soked them in liquid wrench for days and even heated them got one off then sawzawed the other