Shocks and Struts

• Sponsors (?)

No, they are not all the same, each level V6, GT, Shelby, gets an increasingly better shock/strut package. And yes, aftermarket stuff, depending on the brand, can be a huge improvement over stock.

Riggs,

I am not sure if they have changed their build specifications for standard production, but at least for the 05-06 I am fairly sure their spec sheet has remained the same. If that is the case there is no distinguishing difference in the models as listed in the spec sheet - screen shot of doc in Word format attached:

As for aftermarket, most yes; however, you will want to compare the piston and rod specs of each. Adjustable damping is a huge + over stock non-adjustables depending on your driving style and end use.

Attachments

• Spec Sheet - All Models - Shocks-Struts Rev 04 Build for 05 Model Year.doc
    49.5 KB · Views: 57
LV51ER - Yes - as of the 10/04 build spec sheet the primary supplier of shocks for the S197 was Tokico.

Riggs - if you are asking about the non-adjustable Steeda Pro Action S&S then yes, they appear to be an option; however, without looking at the design specs I can't tell off hand if they are truly better than the stock Tokico. making a "loaded" statement like this:

"...engineered by Steeda and manufactured to provide the ultimate in ride quality and handling while exceeded OE standards for durability and build quality."

OE for who, what? That is the question. lol