Should I get a tweecer?

yellowstang1994

Sep 9, 2004
Hi Guys,

Let me start off by saying my car is basically bone stock. I'd love to do some mods to it, but I've spent forever trying to get it to run right. I've always had the dreaded pinging problem and still haven't came up with a good solution. after trying countless things that are always suggested. On top of that it feels really beat down. I've thought about getting rid of it a lot lately, but I really do like the car. Anyway, should I or should I not go with a tweecer? If I could learn how to tune it right do you think it would benefit me, even on a stock car?

• Sponsors (?)

It probably wouldn't benefit all that much powerwise, but would definitely make it more fun to drive. You can change the speeds of the fan, take out the timing retard between shifts, maybe even take out some timing with increased load to try and decrease the pinging. On the other hand, its quite expensive and there's a huge learning curve. But you might want to put this in the tuning forum and they might be able to help you decide more.