should i sell my 94 cobra? (just bought a 93 cobra)

fords2fast4u

Founding Member
Mar 27, 2000
Mission Viejo, CA
So I bought this 93 cobra because... when i was first getting into mustangs, i wanted a black 95 GT 5 spd, but back in 2000 those cars were around 10-11K and i couldn't afford one. So i found this 89GT 5 spd for 3500 and bought it... and fell in love with it. I sold that car when i had enough money for a procharged 95 GTS. Dumb move to go to a car with NO options, so i went for the 94 cobra that was lightly modded and loved it. The problem was that ever since i sold my 89, i've always wanted another fox. I bought an 88 GT t tops, but that car was junk, so i sold it. Now i buy this 93 cobra and a bunch of parts to put in a 351W stroker and build a BA fox... now here's the delima:

I haven't driven my 94 more than 2k miles a year for several years now b/c i go to school in NY and the car is in OK. I will be done with school in a year and be an officer in the Army.
I could use the money, but don't HAVE to sell the 94. I've had the car for 5 years and still love it. Not to mention that i can't get half of what i have in it for it if i sell it.
I probably won't drive it very much ever again, as a more efficient DD is more practical.

i just don't know if having two cobras at 24 is a good idea (reasonable)

what do you guys think? (if you read this far, thanks! lol):SNSign:

• Sponsors (?)

If you dont have to dont. Its better to have it there in case you ever need it whether its for transportation or sell it to get out of a pinch later. Chances are you can probably get the same for it this year or next yr.

Don't be like me man... I sold my mustang and went and bought another mustang week later. My girlfriend was pissed. but now she loves me because i gave her one. LMAO. WOMAN SUCK!!!

My first reaction was sell it and get a crotch rocket since having a Mustang and a bike would be amazing. Then I saw that you have an R6 haha. So yeah, idk, keep it I guess.

Another option would be to make one of them a drag car if you are into racing.:nice:

WOW guys, overwhelming support for keeping it! Damn.

What i think will happen is I'll get home and look at it and not be able to sell it. I just love the way the car sits on those 18's and i just think it's a great looking ride.

Money would be tighter if i didn't sell it, but i think i'll sell my bike soon anyways... and i don't think i can ignore a 9-0 vote! lol

thanks guys!:flag:

On the having the 93 and the 94. I love many mustangs: the old fastback, the fox, SN-95, the newer mach 1s, 03-04 snakes, and the new shelbys:hail2:

So one day I hope to have a mod motored one, but i've always been partial to the pushrod :nice:

here's the 93 and the 383 Windsor going in it in a week!

Attachments

• cobra7.jpg
    cobra7.jpg
    48.3 KB · Views: 124
  • IMG_0219.jpg
    IMG_0219.jpg
    77.4 KB · Views: 107
and plus there's some guys with 94-95's that just can't sell there's in great shape for 6k! I wouldn't expect to get more than 5 for mine in the condition that it's in.

it could use a paint job and a new tranny... lol

so it looks like I'll keep it then.

thanks guys! I need that confirmation. :SNSign:

and plus there's some guys with 94-95's that just can't sell there's in great shape for 6k! I wouldn't expect to get more than 5 for mine in the condition that it's in.

it could use a paint job and a new tranny... lol

so it looks like I'll keep it then.

thanks guys! I need that confirmation. :SNSign:

Glad you're keeping it - on a side note, I missed a chance to buy a '94 yesterday that had "9k in mods and a 3k paint job" and the guy was only asking $5,500 for it. Car is probably sold by now.

Keep'em both!!! Congrats on the Cobra buy, its an awesome car and I get tons of compliments on mine even though its in less than stellar shape. I've had thoughts of selling either one of my Mustangs, but I think I'd miss them too much and I'd live the rest of my life in painful regret.

well, I actually ran into a slew of problems this summer with the two cars.

the 93 needed a new DS, no problem. But it also needed new rear end bushings and the rear frame connector (that goes from one rear sub-frame to the other, above the rear end, had cracked where the upper control arm mount is welded in there... so i had to weld that up too. Didn't really get it put back together beforer i came up here.

the 94 is a different story. I pulled the 302 and T-5 and sold most of the performance parts throughout the summer. Went to put in the used 383 that I'd bought and found out (as i took it apart before throwing it in) that the block was .060 over with scratched cylinder walls = bad block. Got a new block and found out the pistons (ROSS XL400's) were too worn to reuse. The X303 cam wasn't compatable with the 302 roller lifters with the dogbone/spider retaining system, so I had to try and track down some retro-fit roller lifters and was going to order a custom cam for it, but didn't because by the time i was going to have the new block machined, order new pistons and possibly a better crank, I wasn't going to have time to finish it.

whoever put the engine together really did it all wrong, the rod bolts weren't even torqued and I really got hosed on the deal. Guess I won't be buying used engine parts anymore, because this isn't the first time I've ran into such trouble.

Now I have both cars at home and i had to sell my R6 to buy a jeep grand cherokee to drive back to school. I guess they'll have to wait until next summer after i graduate.

hey parchisi - we have some things in common! both a fox and a sn-95, you go to USAFA, and I go to USMA. My new TAC is MAJ Winans, a female Air Force officer from USAFA. do you know her? its a small world so maybe you do.