Side Exhaust

flubyu

Jan 5, 2009
Does anyone know where I can get my hands on the exhaust kit ford racing put out for the 1994-1998 mustangs? part number is M-5200-MJ. does this kit exist somewhere or has it dropped of the face of the earth?

• Sponsors (?)

thats what i was afraid of. the kit from ford racing was only $629 and came with not only with the exhaust system, but also with the molded svo side skirts to match. it would be nice to have, but unfortunately im not looking to shell out top dollar for the borla system

Hmmmm, where are you located........I have the Borla side exhaust that I bought from Dan last year......he had cut the tips off....I put them on and planned on getting the SVO sideskirts and then having tips put on them.......I am thinking hard about going back to the rear exit...maybe SLP .......have not made up my mind but the wife is encouraging me to do it.....:rlaugh:

Hmmmm, where are you located........I have the Borla side exhaust that I bought from Dan last year......he had cut the tips off....I put them on and planned on getting the SVO sideskirts and then having tips put on them.......I am thinking hard about going back to the rear exit...maybe SLP .......have not made up my mind but the wife is encouraging me to do it.....:rlaugh:

im located in new jersey. as far as the side skirts are concerned, abc exclusive makes a pair of svo style ones for about $230. Ive never heard what the borlas sound like on a 5.0 mustang so if you have anywhere where i could find a video or sound clip that would be great. Worst come to worst, i'm considering buying just the mufflers and having the tubes bent up for a side exit exhaust at the local shop.

thats what im doing as well with the stingers! i was going to come out the side like my old borla side exit, but am going a different way now...

im located in new jersey. as far as the side skirts are concerned, abc exclusive makes a pair of svo style ones for about $230. Ive never heard what the borlas sound like on a 5.0 mustang so if you have anywhere where i could find a video or sound clip that would be great. Worst come to worst, i'm considering buying just the mufflers and having the tubes bent up for a side exit exhaust at the local shop.

they sound great... not too loud, not too quiet... just right... and having a muffler shop do it MAY be a little expensive so watch out... they usually charge by the hour and playing around with the side exit for them may take a couple hours, adding up in the end

Yes it is, BUT, it is a same side in, same side out chambered restrictive muffer that sounds nothing like stingers
Oh yeah, very true. I just wanted to point that out because the OP said he had never heard the borla side exhaust kit on a 5.0...

I once "jimmy-rigged" the stingers from my brothers mach1 onto my car and it sounded sick, like yours. That's why one of these days I am going to ditch my setup for a custom one with the borla stinger mufflers. part number 40842S, for those wondering. :nice:

Oh yeah, very true. I just wanted to point that out because the OP said he had never heard the borla side exhaust kit on a 5.0...

I once "jimmy-rigged" the stingers from my brothers mach1 onto my car and it sounded sick, like yours. That's why one of these days I am going to ditch my setup for a custom one with the borla stinger mufflers. part number 40842S, for those wondering. :nice:

whys it gotta be jimmy-rigged, ed? :rlaugh:

seriously, i got the stingers on a stock motor dumped and they sound sick! especially now that the 4.10s help move the car along

I have the Ford/Borla side exhaust on mine. They were discontinued a few years ago. The Ford sideskirts are fiberglass with SVO molded into them. The ABC skirt are urathane (rubber). I love the sound of them on my 331, not to loud, just a nice rumble. The car was cold from sitting all winter...

View attachment 277575

After seeing the original SVO tip setup, I'm really happy I did mine the way I did.. They look really cool in person

CIMG1470.jpg

CIMG1472.jpg

Attachments

• CIMG1470.jpg
    CIMG1470.jpg
    101.2 KB · Views: 87
  • CIMG1472.jpg
    CIMG1472.jpg
    87.6 KB · Views: 87