sleeper

Jasperstang308

Jun 16, 2007
thought about changing my build again.

how does this sound.
i have a 347 stroker kit, if it doesn't sell i will just use it for this build.
i was thinking the 347 ported g40 heads from thumper and a custom cam to idle like stock but more aggressive, and then a turbo to force air down it.

i know the heads are restrictive but it should still make nice power any ideas on what it would make? i figure around 10-12 psi

• Sponsors (?)

LOL.. maybe to the guy that wants 700 Boosted HP!! there are a LOT of 450-500 WHP boosted cars here on the GT40's..!! There was a friends 5.0 with ported GT40's and twin turbo ( E303 Camshaft) that runs in the high 9's!! Dont get hung up in the bigger is better, when it comes to boost.. yes??

Just me.............................................

Thumper

i thought bigger was better? according to jay its a good policy to go by. would your heads flow enough for this project?

i have been thinking about your sleeper ones that you posted on another website. is the port really that involved to get them to flow that much?

Really, unless you are going with an aftermarket block...I'd put the money for the rotating assembly elsewhere. 12psi on a stock shortblock turbo setup with gt40 heads is capable of laying down block splitting horsepower. Once the block splits there is no telling if the rotating assembly is going to stay together...regardless if you have a girdle or not.

i already have the stroker......if someone buys it thats fine and i will upgrade to a boos block. if not i will just slap it in a stock block and do this sleeper build.

I undertand what your saying, but that 347 is going to producing block splitting horsepower at 8psi or less. And when it lets go, there is a good chance it could go with the block. It just seems more economical to just keep trying to sell it and do a simple rebuild on the stock rotating assembly.