Smog pump and turbo?

WhiteSN95

Founding Member
Feb 12, 2002
I have my mind made up that I want to go with the HP Stage 1 Street turbo kit for my SN95 until I saw that you have to remove the smog pump for the kit. At Proturbokits they said the same thing but said an electric one was available as an option. I want to make sure that the car stays legal because I live in NJ and they are pretty stiff with that. Can I put on an electirc smog pump for either of these kits to pass emmissions? thanks in advance

• Sponsors (?)

I would check over on turbomustangs.com, but i believe the cartech kit allows you to keep the smog pump.

You dont "need" a smog pump to pass emmisions. Unless they do a visual check, and if thats the case, they prob wont allow you to swap smog pumps(in real strict places). If you have a catted H pipe, you could just put that on when its time for a sticker.

If you are looking for an electric smog pump, i believe the F bodies came with them.

I live in jersey too, I got the tti kit which allows you to keep the smog equipment if you so choose. I however said f it and riped out smog pump and egr. Im sure i could still pass with cats and some of that guarunteed to pass crap, but im throwing out the cat and runing a single 3" exhaust, ill just buy a sticker.