smog pump delete help!!!

CrazyPerson

Mar 3, 2008
i dont see anything on summit to delete my smog pump...

first off i have a 92 mustang 5.0 and im looking to delete all my smog stuff...

i cant find anything on summit racing to delete my smog pump...anyone know where i can get a smog pump delete kit? please help! greatly appreciated

• Sponsors (?)

just pull it out and run a shorter belt, make sure you remove all the plumbing and plug up the back of your heads. you could just run a short belt and remove it later but say goodbye to your cats.

im already not running cats, im running an offroad xpipe

here is my set up on my 92 5.0

gt40x heads, e303 cam, 1.6 rockers, full exhaust: shorties, o/r xpipe, 4.56 gears, trick flow upper and lower track heat manifold, 24# injectors, pullies, 70mm tb/egr, cold air intake, electric fan, upper and lower control arms

Why do you say they're garbage? They're a pulley spinning nothing, how can it be garbage aside from having basically no point in being installed?

On the other hand, aside from moving accessories all around everywhere and likely making custom bracketry, it's required to have one on passenger-mount centrifugal supercharger setups. I tried to bypass it completely but absolutely nothing worked and I wasn't wasting any more time trying to figure out a way :(

Why do you say they're garbage? They're a pulley spinning nothing, how can it be garbage aside from having basically no point in being installed?

i have just seen countless threads about them failing, often in a short period of time. and besides that, unless you need it for some other application, there really is no point to a pulley when you can just ditch the pump, and run a different belt. it also looks cleaner if you ask me, and removes more weight, which are really the only main reasons to ditch your smog pump....

I deleted my smog and my A/C and bought the P/S relocation kit. Now I HAVE to buy the smog delete pulley because my belt rubs when the tension is applied. So you do have to have either ac or a smog delete pulley as far as I can tell. If someone can prove me wrong PLEASE show me pics so I don't have to waste my money on a worthless pulley
:nono:

You can skirt the AC issue by drilling a new hole for the tensioner anchor peg (lower) so it sits higher on the belt. That + a shorter belt (I think mine is 83.25") and it works. I just have to take the top bolt out of the PS bracket and clock it inwards/outwards to get the belt on/off. No biggie.

A smog delete pulley or full pump IS required as I said above unless you come up w/some kind of custom bracket or accessory routing. Eliminating that part of the belt path just won't work given the way it loops back up.

I deleted my smog and my A/C and bought the P/S relocation kit. Now I HAVE to buy the smog delete pulley because my belt rubs when the tension is applied. So you do have to have either ac or a smog delete pulley as far as I can tell. If someone can prove me wrong PLEASE show me pics so I don't have to waste my money on a worthless pulley
:nono:

Run your belt from the alt. to under the crank, then back up around the w/p, instead of from alt. to w/p to crank.

That's the way i've done all my Mustangs, never had a problem. If you look at a 5.0 F150 they are routed that way stock. On a Mustang it solves the problem of the belt rubbing itself between the w/p and tensioner.

Run your belt from the alt. to under the crank, then back up around the w/p, instead of from alt. to w/p to crank.

That's the way i've done all my Mustangs, never had a problem. If you look at a 5.0 F150 they are routed that way stock. On a Mustang it solves the problem of the belt rubbing itself between the w/p and tensioner.

+1 on that route, works for me too:nice:

93SSP,...My fox is supercharged as well, and my smog is "just" there chilling?...did you replace yours with an APR aftermarket? I thought of deleting it "thinking" it could free UP some ponies. (After further review...I think i will leave it there) Cheers