smog pump delete

Don't laugh mine still has it under the hood, well I just thought a lot of ya might need to have it for emissions testing, well anyway, I want to remove mine. Do I need a bracket to go in place and just find a shorter belt? If no bracket is needed does anyone know what size belt is needed.

• Sponsors (?)

if you are going to just get rid of it then just get the shorter belt and take the pump off. there is no need for the pulley as it doesnt effect the belt routing.

just use a shorter belt. theres no reason use an eliminator pully unless you want to use a stock lenght belt. I used the eliminator pully when i pulled out the smog pump and plan on switching to a shorter belt soon.

The smog pump siezed on my 93 recently. I went to the parts store to get short belt. 85" was too long. I did the string thing and got 75", too short. Went back again and got a 78" belt and it worked. I think a 77" belt would have worked too since the belt seems a little close together but it works. Part was 780K6.

The 93 has stock pulleys and all accessories other than the smog pump now. The 88 has underdrive pulleys and all accessories other than the smog pump and uses a 76" belt. This should have been my starting point......duh.

smog pump delete pulleys are a waste of money.. if you going to delete it then delete it and go with a shorter belt. Belt routing stays the same.

Tech_50belts.gif

You can just leave the pipe on the back of the heads disconnected, and stick a large bolt in the hose and hose clamp it. Doesn't look as clean, but it will allow you to remove the pump.

Oh and if you have cats...you don't want to remove the smog pump anyway

Keep in mind removing it will display KOER codes 44 and 94...both of which wont affect the way the car runs

You can just leave the pipe on the back of the heads disconnected, and stick a large bolt in the hose and hose clamp it. Doesn't look as clean, but it will allow you to remove the pump.

Oh and if you have cats...you don't want to remove the smog pump anyway

Keep in mind removing it will display KOER codes 44 and 94...both of which wont affect the way the car runs

+1

And if you decide to buy the stupid little computer to run into your EGR plug don't bother cause it really didn't do anything for my car.

Take off the all the smog equipment and run a short belt you do not have to pull the heads the block off the holes there are threaded the egr eliminater plug will keep the check engine light out I made a plate to block off the holes on the back of the head