Smoked head lights on black fox?

rbonella

Dec 15, 2008
@ home
My headlights on my black 88 GT have done their time and need to be replaced. I can't decide on oem factory, diamond clears, or smoked. I am NOT into the projector look. I obviously know how the oem's will look, and I've seen the diamond clears on black as well, but I was wondering how the smoked lamps would look on a black fox. Any opinions or pics to help me decide?

Question 2....Do the smoked headlights project a lot less light down the road? Lot of deer in the rural areas of nebraska, so if the light power of the smoked is noticeably less, that could lead me another direction.

• Sponsors (?)

Smoked lights look killer! I had them in my coupe although it was a white coupe. Yes i did notice the lights werent as bright ,i had clears in there before i installed the smoked ones. But then are you going for looks?or the brightness of a light? peace
04060913241.jpg

john:p

Yea those look good. Where did you purchase those? I'm going for what looks best. I know I can safely run the oem or clears, but I have always wondered about the brightness of the smoked lights and if they would look decent on a black car. Sometimes the clears really "pop" on a darker colored car, so I'm kind of torn on what to purchase. During some research I have read that the cheap ebay lights and so forth have a horrible fit to them. There is nothing worse than seeing a nice mustang with head lights that do not fit right

Ive been thinking about a set of those headlights for my black gt vert too.
How about the "black beauty" fog lights that LMR sells? i was thinking about a set of those on my black vert, anyone seen them on a black car?

Yea those look good. Where did you purchase those? I'm going for what looks best. I know I can safely run the oem or clears, but I have always wondered about the brightness of the smoked lights and if they would look decent on a black car. Sometimes the clears really "pop" on a darker colored car, so I'm kind of torn on what to purchase.
Yeah, if I had your car it would be a tough call. Right now diamond clears are my favorite but the smoked headlights would definitely add to your car's already sinister appearance.

Yes, i have smoked. I do have some pics floating around before I swapped them, so maybe you saw those?

Here's a decent one. Parking lights are on in the pic
59097d1248739168-thread-nicest-foxes-dsc00092.jpg

Can I see at night? I have no idea. I don't drive the car at night. In fact, i've never even turned the headlights on. No idea if my bulbs work..lol

they arent on a black fox but heres a few pics of clear lights next to smoked lights. to answer your second question the smoked lights block out a lot of light. i installed a pair of high output xenon bulbs with the smoked lights and could barely see anything at night. if you do go with the smoked lights i would recommend getting an HID kit to go with them.

Attachments

• DSCN0990.jpg
    DSCN0990.jpg
    51.8 KB · Views: 89
  • DSCN0992.jpg
    DSCN0992.jpg
    45.4 KB · Views: 87
Mine werent cheap or cheap ebays. But i did get them from ebay. They were a perfect fit,all you need is to use your stock rubber seal that goes around the edge of them (or buy my extra set i have :D) they set me back just under $200 with shipping. I have the euro ones now in my 89 and are going to swap them for diamond clears or what i had in my coupe pic above! peace

john:p