SN95 rear brake question

Anlushac11

Founding Member
Feb 17, 2001
Indianapolis, Indiana
The 94-98 SN95 rear has a disc brake setup.

The V6 and GT use a 10.5" solid disc rear rotor that seems to get hot real fast when folks try to road race with it.

The Cobra uses a 11.6" narrow vented disc rotor and uses a different caliper mounting bracket to relocate the caliper farther out. BUT the Cobra uses the same caliper(thats what I read) as the V6 and GT and uses a thinner brake pad to allow for the thicker width of the narrow vented rotor.

Here's my question

Doesnt it seem like it would be a good idea and fairly easy to design a Cobra style narrow vented rotor and use the Cobra pads on a stock GT or V6 rear? this would give you a vented rotor that wouldnt overheat and warp as easily and yet would only require the new rotor and stock Cobra brake pads.

• Sponsors (?)

realtripp said:
Maybe the SN 95 is an easier swap, but all of the MarkVII and Continental brakes have vented rear discs. I am going to go this route because parts for this setup will be cheaper and easier for me to find.

In my case its cheaper. The 96 7.5" disc brake rear was donated to me so I have no money invested in it and my new rims are 5 lug so it all works out.