SO PISSEDDDDD!!!

00GTpony

Mar 10, 2007
So i just took my car for a short drive, i shifted at 4500 into second and GRINDDDDDDDDD ..... Now my car doesnt go into second at all without a huge nasty scary sounding grind. I have no money for a new tranny and dont no what im going to do now! :(

• Sponsors (?)

at least you can just skip 2nd so you wont be out of a ride if its your dd

andd to the t-45 in the 2000 (rip) comment, hes rockin the 3650 in the '03:nice:

OOps,I saw his name...I didnt even look at the sig,Well powertrain performance still has the best deals that I have seen.3650 go for 1250 rebuilt and that includes the tsb upgrades or at least thats what they told me when I called them...stupid ford dealer told me my 01 gt had a 3650:rolleyes:

On my way to class today i was like ehhh the trannys broke anyway lets see if i can power shift this bit*h into second without it exploding, so i did and it was like shifting into butter...... i dont get it grinds horribly when i do it the right way, but powershifitng it was fine

On my way to class today i was like ehhh the trannys broke anyway lets see if i can power shift this bit*h into second without it exploding, so i did and it was like shifting into butter...... i dont get it grinds horribly when i do it the right way, but powershifitng it was fine

:lol: My gt was just the opposite,if I reved over 3k it would grind bad but normal shifting....smooth as could be.

ok so today i have realized, that even sitting at a red light idling, if i go to put it in second at idle, it will grind... not even when the car is moving. ( to me that sounds like a clutch adjustment problem? ) also its getting hard to push into first, but no grind going into first :shrug:

you should do the thing where you adjust the clutch by pulling up on it w/ your foot...

there's an exact process written up on here somewhere, but from what I remember you put it in 1st w/ the car off and put your foot under the clutch and lift up til it stops. then turn the car on and go.

Your car is 5 years old so the adjustment may work. Depress the pedal then release. Lift on the back of the pedal with your toe. You should hear a click. This will take some of the slack out of the cable since it stretches over time.