So today I was painting my calipers and I noticed something...

The Green GT

No 13 year olds are safe around me.
10 Year Member
Jan 8, 2006
Louisiana
I noticed that on my front driver shock/strut (I know nothing about suspension parts even though Ive done it alot) has some "oil" of fluid of some type on it right under the sleeve. It looked like it was coming out of the shock. Do this mean I need new shocks? Id like to just get a decent drop while Im at it. Any recomendations?

• Sponsors (?)

Yup. Busted strut there. You have tons of options here, its cheaper to get a set of struts, shocks and springs in a kit. There's tons of good brands out there, kinda depends on your budget.

Ok, I think i get it now. In order to drop my car, all I need are some SN95 lowering springs, but if I want to lower it more and keep 100%of the strut travel i should get foxbody stuff.

Am I right or still confused?

Search over on the Corral classified; there seems to be springs going all the time. And I've also noticed a lot of Fox suspension parts on there so you might be able to get shocks/struts too.

For springs I'd go with HR, Eibach, Steeda (in that order) and for shocks/struts Bilsteins, Tokicos, KYBs. There's also the Bullit kit that I couple of guys on here have recently gotten from Summit for about $400. Might want to check that out. Good Luck