someone help coolant leak

91stangy

Jun 11, 2003
ok my brother said he saw a puddle of coolant in the driveway where i park but when i looked in a spot the other day where i was park there was nothing not a drop... no leaks at all, yesturday i was on the highway and realized my heat wasnt hot anymore so i turned it off and back on and it worked for a bit then did the same thing, still no leaks when i got home that i know of. then i drove it today for five minutes and parked it, came outside 20 minutes later and a puddle of coolant with a stream coming out of the motor. i drove it to my friends house another five minutes away at running temp. no heat, and the temp gauge shot up to about 3/4 when its normally below 1/4(stock gauge, 180 deg. thermostat). pull up to my friends house park and no leak again... take him for a ride another five minutes still no heat, park in front of his house coolant streaming again. :shrug:

• Sponsors (?)

Meh, throw some eggs into the radiator.. that should do it :rolleyes:

You deffinitely need to actually LOOK for the leak... without finding out where it is how are we supposed to help?

Check ur hoses, water pump, thermostate neck, etc. Good Luck

I can't say why so much is coming out because I don't know exactly where the leak is, but the reason you wouldn't have heat is simple... there's not enough coolant flow to the heater core because there's air in the system.