Something I've noticed in 1 day driving the 04

• Sponsors (?)

Every jerk in a Camaro wants to race all of a sudden.
In my other two stangs, they want no part of me, even when I'm sitting next to them at a light messing with them.
Why do the only harass the 04? Maybe they know its easier prey than my other two? Or are they angry that my car doesn't look like a catfish?

1st of all most Camaro owners know that the newer pi 4.6 is faster than the stock 302 and 351's....and If i had an ls1 i wouldnt waste my gas destroying a 302 or 351...I would go after the new gt (your 04'). That is why you get races all of a sudden. Who cares if you got tons of mods in your other cars...The camaro dont know that:nono:

i had an ls1 i wouldnt waste my gas destroying a 302 or 351

I don't really agree with that statement.

There are tons of 281's out on the street these days since it's a new car. True most are faster than stock 5.0s, but the fast majority are stock or near stock since a lot of people driving new GT's just use them for transportation.

WHile the 5.0 isn't a match for an LS1 in stock form, most of the 5.0's roaming around on the streets these days are not stock. True some of the beat-up ones are, but those nice shiney clean ones you see on a nice summer afternoon have a pretty good chance of having something under the hood than just a stock 225HP 5.0.

i know my 302 is faster than my 281PI

....and If i had an ls1 i wouldnt waste my gas destroying a 302 or 351...

Be careful with that statement. Older fox bodied cars are like a box of chocolates.....until you pop the lid, you've got no idea what you're going to get. I know plenty of guys with carefully camouflaged sleepers and the only thing being wasted in an encounter like that, might be the LS1. :shrug:

I don't really agree with that statement.

There are tons of 281's out on the street these days since it's a new car. True most are faster than stock 5.0s, but the fast majority are stock or near stock since a lot of people driving new GT's just use them for transportation.

WHile the 5.0 isn't a match for an LS1 in stock form, most of the 5.0's roaming around on the streets these days are not stock. True some of the beat-up ones are, but those nice shiney clean ones you see on a nice summer afternoon have a pretty good chance of having something under the hood than just a stock 225HP 5.0.

i know my 302 is faster than my 281PI

You missed the point of my post.....I said STOCK or at least i meant it. I know first hand that there are 5 o' ****!'s out there but they didnt come from the factory like that....as much as i hate gm...there ls1's are badass

True some of the beat-up ones are, but those nice shiney clean ones you see on a nice summer afternoon have a pretty good chance of having something under the hood than just a stock 225HP 5.0.

It's the other way around here. The majority of FAST foxbodies are the old beat up rusted ones that sounds like mack trucks. Most of the clean and well cared cars are constipatingly slow or stock.

It's the other way around here. The majority of FAST foxbodies are the old beat up rusted ones that sounds like mack trucks. Most of the clean and well cared cars are constipatingly slow or stock.

My '93 GT was a combo of both. Showroom condition and almost full bolt-ons (no cam, but heads, Intake and all the rest). It still would'nt have been any match for my Mach though.

Ah Ok, just thought I'd check if the other two had any mods b/c it seems a lot of people don't realize that the 302's and 351's have very flat torque curves which make them "feel" faster than the 99' and up Stangs but in reality, they are up to a second slower in the 1/4 mile than the 04'

Yeah, the more I drive it, I get more convinced that it is faster than it feels, that car just runs so smooth. I'm used to the other two cars that are quite rowdy and uncivilized. I'm falling in love with the 04 though, I had to let my wife drive it to work today and I miss it pretty bad, even only after about 3 days of ownership.

hahahaha around here ive had ls1s back down from me its probably my exhaust. I dont say a word cause i know they will crush me so i let them think what they want. or maybe they feel its not worth their gas.lol