Something people need to stop doing..

Unless you have the little white slip that shows your time don't tell me you have a 12 second car.

There's way more to a fast run then horsepower. Suspension, weight, tires, Driver experience and technique, track condition, air, launch, yada, yada, yada.

Kind of goes along the lines of someone upgrading their engine and bragging they have a 450hp car. Unless you have a dyno run sheet you'll never really know. I've witnessed similar setups in cars and drastic differences in output which can be attributed to the differences in tuner and tunes.

Just my 2 cents......

• Sponsors (?)

As far as ricers having 10 second cars that pisses me off. Nobody respects a 12 second car, they have no idea what it takes to get there. Every kid and his Cobalt SS thinks they have 12 second cars, I'd love to take their money at the track but sadly everytime I talk to one and try to convince them to bring it to the 1/4 instead of the street, they never show. Too embarassed to find out what their car will actually do I guess.

No joke man, very few people know what it takes to run 12s and even more so 11s. Everybody and their grandma has 12 or 11 second car and it pisses me off. Some times Ill ask them what they have done to their cars and its usually bolt-ons and maybe a shot of nitrous, which is not near enough to drop 4 seconds off their times. They just dont understand how much 1 second is at the track, no it doesn't sound like much but I always tell them to go for a ride in a 12 second car and then go for a ride in a 11 second car then tell me how big of a difference it is.

Alot of kids my age talk **** about my car saying its not that fast and I just laugh at them. They have no idea how fast it really is, there is not one car that any of them own that would even stay within 5 car lengths of mine. There is only one car in town that will beat me which is a friend of mines 06 Corvette and he runs .1 faster than me and I can beat him pretty bad down low but he can beat me pretty bad up top.

As for Cobalts dont even get me started. There is a kid in town with one and he thinks his car is the s**t, its modded but still not what I would call a "threat". He raced my stock Lightning one night from 60, which is a horrible speed for a lightning, to about 130. He jumped me and pulled me about 2 lengths and thats it BUT I had just filled up so I had about 200lbs of fuel and I had my old shortblock in the bed which is prolly another 150ish lbs. After he beats me he goes arond telling everybody up next is my Mustang :rlaugh: Now he could barely beat a 13second Truck but he thinks he can beat an 11 second car. Hmmm it might be close. :shrug:

Unless you have the little white slip that shows your time don't tell me you have a 12 second car.

There's way more to a fast run then horsepower. Suspension, weight, tires, Driver experience and technique, track condition, air, launch, yada, yada, yada.

Kind of goes along the lines of someone upgrading their engine and bragging they have a 450hp car. Unless you have a dyno run sheet you'll never really know. I've witnessed similar setups in cars and drastic differences in output which can be attributed to the differences in tuner and tunes.

Just my 2 cents......

Then you have the good ol dyno queens that brag that their car makes 550rwhp but wont race it because they suck at drving. There is a guy with a silver 04 Cobra around here that tells everyone he has the fastest car in town because his car put down 550rwhp but he wont race anybody. He was at the track once and he ran a best of................12.7. LOL The guy cant even roll through the gears good, everytime he tries to be cool and beat on his car he ALWAYS misses a shift and you can hear the motor over revving and then back fire. :rlaugh:

If you have a slip then another to back it up then yes you can make the claim. But until then you go with what you ran. My car didn't become a 13 second car until I put DR's on it. I can say I run 13.8's because I have several times now. Does it have more in it? My 103MPH says yes but I haven't done that. So my car runs 13.8's. Just the way I see it.

Hell a few import guys asked me what I ran one night at a hangout when I was still at 14.7's. When I told them they were pretty impressed so not all import guys talk crap. :rlaugh:

I dunno....personally, if you've got the trap speed needed to run 11's or whatever it may indicate, then I seen no harm it telling people you've got an 11-seconcd car. You may not have and 11-second run, or it may not be backed with an 11-second driver, but if the MPH is there, then the car is an 11-second car as far as I'm concenrned.

If I'm talking to a guy and he runs's 13.01@120mph with 2.8 60ft time on his run, I'm sure as hell not going to go around saying he's got a 13-second car. That's just stupid. :nonono:

Then you have the good ol dyno queens that brag that their car makes 550rwhp but wont race it because they suck at drving. There is a guy with a silver 04 Cobra around here that tells everyone he has the fastest car in town because his car put down 550rwhp but he wont race anybody. He was at the track once and he ran a best of................12.7. LOL The guy cant even roll through the gears good, everytime he tries to be cool and beat on his car he ALWAYS misses a shift and you can hear the motor over revving and then back fire. :rlaugh:

There's this 18-19 year old kid here who tells everyone in town his '04 Procharged Cobra makes 1000rwhp @ 30 PSI. The sad thing is I know the crappy ricer shop that tuned his car and it came short of 600hp in reality. He used to go around town challenging cars MUCH slower than him but always coughs up LAME excuses and backs out whenever someone with a FAST car wants to run him. He pretty much picks on sub-200hp imports and bolt-on NA stangs. Funny thing is as often as I've seen him before, he seemingly disappeared after getting my car back this summer. I know he's still in town because eveyone else keeps running into him. Hmmm.. :shrug:

There's this 18-19 year old kid here who tells everyone in town his '04 Procharged Cobra makes 1000rwhp @ 30 PSI. The sad thing is I know the crappy ricer shop that tuned his car and it came short of 600hp in reality. He used to go around town challenging cars MUCH slower than him but always coughs up LAME excuses and backs out whenever someone with a FAST car wants to run him. He pretty much picks on sub-200hp imports and bolt-on NA stangs. Funny thing is as often as I've seen him before, he seemingly disappeared after getting my car back this summer. I know he's still in town because eveyone else keeps running into him. Hmmm.. :shrug:

he proly has no choice, kids like these usually are all about their parents check book and not about learning how to drive. His 585hp or so probably nets him an average of 12.9 if he actually goes to the track. Too bad he's obviously heard about your stang's transplant, cuz you could hand him his own ass and just be like " hmm, all i got is cams and bolts on's - what's wrong w/ your ride?" Although this would be hard to pull off w/ the KB under your hood screaming like a raped ape.

I dunno....personally, if you've got the trap speed needed to run 11's or whatever it may indicate, then I seen no harm it telling people you've got an 11-seconcd car. You may not have and 11-second run, or it may not be backed with an 11-second driver, but if the MPH is there, then the car is an 11-second car as far as I'm concenrned.

If I'm talking to a guy and he runs's 13.01@120mph with 2.8 60ft time on his run, I'm sure as hell not going to go around saying he's got a 13-second car. That's just stupid. :nonono:

What the MPH says is you may have an 11 second engine but what the et says is you do not have an 11 second car.

What the MPH says is you may have an 11 second engine but what the et says is you do not have an 11 second car.

No....what the 60ft time says, is you've got 13-second traction. ;)

In which case, should we chalk the results up to....a split between 14-second driver and 12-second tires? :rolleyes:

If I saw someone with the timeslip with the trap speeds I described above, there would be no doubt in my mind the person had an 11-second capable car. He just happend to have made a 13-second run! Driver error, and/or poor conditions don't take away from the fact that the car itself still has the ability to run those times.....hence the term 11-second car!

With your reasoning, it's like saying the guy with the '07 Zo6 that only mustered a 14-second quarter mile (because he blew the launch and missed a shift on the way down the track on a hot day with an abnormally high humidex) only drives a 14-second car with an 11-second engine? Should we not take into account the enormous trap speed, driver error, possible poor track conditions or the fact that every other late model Zo6 on record is running faster than mid-12's and in a few cases 11's?

I think stating you've got a car that runs 11's, whithout yourself, or someone else actually running them is a little corny. But if someone were to word it a little differently by saying "I own an 11-second capable car...but I haven't seen them yet!", and back it up with the kind of time slip I described above, it would give them a lot more credibility in my book. :nice:

In which case, should we chalk the results up to....a split between 14-second driver and 12-second tires? :rolleyes:

If I saw someone with the timeslip with the trap speeds I described above, there would be no doubt in my mind the person had an 11-second capable car. He just happend to have made a 13-second run! Driver error, and/or poor conditions don't take away from the fact that the car itself still has the ability to run those times.....hence the term 11-second car!

With your reasoning, it's like saying the guy with the '07 Zo6 that only mustered a 14-second quarter mile (because he blew the launch and missed a shift on the way down the track on a hot day with an abnormally high humidex) only drives a 14-second car with an 11-second engine? Should we not take into account the enormous trap speed, driver error, possible poor track conditions or the fact that every other late model Zo6 on record is running faster than mid-12's and in a few cases 11's?

I think stating you've got a car that runs 11's, whithout yourself, or someone else actually running them is a little corny. But if someone were to word it a little differently by saying "I own an 11-second capable car...but I haven't seen them yet!", and back it up with the kind of time slip I described above, it would give them a lot more credibility in my book. :nice:

Supras may be the exception to the rule here, cuz thier trap speed would aways show them to be .5-1 second faster than any of them can muster

If you think putting an 11 second engine in a car makes it an 11 second car then there would be many more 11 second cars running around. And putting slicks on is only part of the answer. There needs to be other work done to the suspension for starters.