Somewhere to take for tune?

AnthonyR23

Sep 8, 2006
Ontario
Hey, so I have been trying to get my mustang tuned up.. the issue I have is that.. it can sometimes run too lean, then too rich.. but I don't want to waste money putting on the road.. and I can't really drive unlicensed up and down the street.. until I know it is running smooth, I don't know what I can do.. I have a wideband o2 kit, and the moates quarterhorse software.. my engine is pretty new.. and basically everything is new.. from tb, to distributor, so it is a little touch to narrow down the issues.. I wish I could take it to a round track where I could run it around, and do some tuning, without smoking out the neighbors, or take it to a shop that knows mustangs.. I live in London, Ontario, anyone know of any options, or some suggestions, for where I could take my car.. even if I had to rent a trailer.. I think I need a good day, and some help from someone else who knows what they are doing.... I find I can't do too much.. in my driveway.. I may contact delaware speedway and see if they have test and tune days or something.. any advice would be awesome.. I have a pmas velocity meter and accufab race tb, with egr and everything hooked up.. its a 347 with trick flow street heads and street intake, with a 2030 comp cam. 1.6 roller rockers, have larger fuel pump with rails, and adjustable regulator, the pmas meter is calibrated for 30lb injectors, but seems to run either really rich or lean, because a lot of these parts are new.. it is hard to tune, cause it's hard to know where to start.. I tried setting everything to base. 10 degrees advanced, 39 psi with vac off fuel pressure, and then tried setting idle screw and tps.. then tried making some base changes with quarterhorse, I can't seem to get it to run right, i guess just idling in my driveway could be a problem, maybe it needs to go for a run, but I just can't and don't want to insure and temp license unless I have time.. literally less then 15 km, on new engine.. basically sitting for a year.. it is a mass air converted 88 gt vert. I sometimes consider selling this project cause I can't seem to get anywhere with it, and not sure where I can take it. I really think I need a day, an oval, and someone who knows there mustangs, including modified mustangs, and tuning software..

Any advice would be awesome, even on where I should start, troubleshooting this thing. A lot of money in this thing, would probably let it all go for 8 000 firm.

• Sponsors (?)