Southern/Central California Installer?

Well Monday is the day, I will be making phone calls to talk to installers. I will be starting with a PD blower, most likely Saleen. I've talked to Joe and Chicane briefly and he comes recommended. I also notice Granatelli is really close to me (Santa Barbara) and I am looking for feedback on them, as well as any other recommended installers. Incidentally, Granatelli seems to have a boatload of rebranded (I'm assuming) suspension parts at http://www.granatellimotorsports.com/05mustang/index.htm and I'm wondering who actually makes them.

If any members are near me and in particular if they have experience installing the Saleen blower, I'd also be willing to listen. Of course then I'd have to go with a canned tune, unless someone has access to a dyno

• Sponsors (?)

call sean @ extreme mustang 818 883 8836 (canoga park) and tell him chris referred you.Just FYI, he and J.R granatelli are like best friends and he does ALL of J.R's projects.In fact if you talk with J.R personally he would probably recommend you contact sean because they work so closely together.Anyway, sean is one of my best buds and does all my work.He did my vortech kit, tuning,dyno etc,etc.He also does alot of special projects for vortech,steeda and saleen so he can take care of you!..Make sure if you call you tell him I referred you so you will get the best deals on everything..

Even if you are not dead set on a Saleen blower Joe at Chicane is unmatched in experience, know how and being truthful about what you need for your particular application. He will never sell you anything you don't need. His shop is extremely busy on the other hand other shops in So.Cal are going by the wayside lately. They don't call him "mustang Joe" for nothing. The dyno tuner he uses is also one of the best ( Powertrain Dynamics ). The owner of Powertrain is actually an engineer so he can actually explain what he is doing when tuning your car.
Don't sell yourself short by only going "Saleen" when it comes to your power adder. There are plenty of other choices out there also. This coming from a multiple Saleen owner. Good luck.

marcus95 said:
Even if you are not dead set on a Saleen blower Joe at Chicane is unmatched in experience, know how and being truthful about what you need for your particular application. He will never sell you anything you don't need. His shop is extremely busy on the other hand other shops in So.Cal are going by the wayside lately. They don't call him "mustang Joe" for nothing. The dyno tuner he uses is also one of the best ( Powertrain Dynamics ). The owner of Powertrain is actually an engineer so he can actually explain what he is doing when tuning your car.
Don't sell yourself short by only going "Saleen" when it comes to your power adder. There are plenty of other choices out there also. This coming from a multiple Saleen owner. Good luck.

yes, Joe is good and cool people. i wouldn't use powertrains has my friends have had cars tuned there and he charges way to much. plus, you can never get a hold of him. trust, my friends cars are nothing to laugh at. I thought Joe used Swanson Perf.?

Joe recommends Steve at Powertrain. Joe can get you in no problem. Best way to get a hold of Steve is through E-mail. He has always gotten back with me.

I wouldn't use Swanson again if that was the last tune shop on the planet.

re Saleen Blower

Just installed 1 on an 05gt this week.Tuned it with Diablo Predator.I would strongly recommend that you DONT let Saleen re flash the pcm.Find someone to tune it.Also dont drive the car after installing the blower until its tuned properly.The Saleen tune is way lean,I mean in the 15.5 air fuel range.Definite engine damage will occur.If you are still lookin for an installer give me a call Adam S.T.Motorsports
shop # 909-388 2536

Bump for Adam

S.T. Motorsport said:
Just installed 1 on an 05gt this week.Tuned it with Diablo Predator.I would strongly recommend that you DONT let Saleen re flash the pcm.Find someone to tune it.Also dont drive the car after installing the blower until its tuned properly.The Saleen tune is way lean,I mean in the 15.5 air fuel range.Definite engine damage will occur.If you are still lookin for an installer give me a call Adam S.T.Motorsports
shop # 909-388 2536

thanks for the help Sat.