Speakers

• Sponsors (?)

3.5 in dash
6.5 in doors
5x7 or 6x8 in the rear.
Currently running Polk's DB series in the rear and doors. Sound great off of the deck.

I feel that I personally have quite a tight audio setup in my car, especially because its a convertible with limited space for anything (like an amp...).

I have an Alpine CDA-7894 in the dash, thats a 250 watt head unit. Its over 2 years old and i still think its one of the best i have ever seen. Its mp3, and has several RCA jacks.

Anyways, onto your question. The reason i mention my head unit is the power is important on my speakers. I managed to fit in Infinity Kappa 6.5 3-way units. I had to cut one bracket off the speaker for my power window gear so they fit in my door. They fit like champs. Same in the rear. My vert is an 89, so my speakers are at the floor. Had to slot the seat belt back a cm so they cleared that space.
The Infinity Kappa' is an awesome speaker IMHO, especially with the additional power from the head unit. Those speakers are also slightly larger i believe than they claim can fit in the mustang. But I am here to tell you they can fit with minimal work. (In fact, if it were manual windows there would have been NO issue in the doors). I had been asked if I had a sub from those speakers when I first got them.

O, and I have 6.5 3-ways, so the speaker unit is in the door, and its tweeter is in the dash, with the crossover for it located in the door as well.

Now, two years later, I do. With no trunk space, I got an Infinity BassLink II. Nothing but the best from Infinity again IMO. Self powered sub takes up almost no room in my trunk, atleast in comparison to others.

Good luck on your speaker choice.

Infinity Kappa gets my vote!:nice: