Specific Spark Plugs Cause A Misfire?

stangman11

Feb 27, 2006
New Jersey
Hey guys from your experience are their certain spark plugs that can tend to cause a misfire under load? My car had Accel plugs from the previous owner that I took out and just put in generic aftermarket plugs with the same result. Just wondering if maybe any of you would know what plugs work well and which ones dont.

• Sponsors (?)

Stick with the Autolite copper plugs and gap them accordingly. Do NOT waste your money on Splitfire, Accel, or E3 plugs. I've seen them foul and cause terrible performance in many cars. Check your cap and rotor for cracks or corrosion, Check your wires with an Ohm meter for resistance. IMO I wouldn't run anything Accel on my car. If your car is stock, go with a stock coil, ford cap and rotor, and a good set of wires. (that's a whole nother can of worms) I've run FMS 9mm wires for years with no problems on everything from stock to supercharged mustangs. Others will tell you to buy Talylor or MSD wires.

Stick with the Autolite copper plugs and gap them accordingly. Do NOT waste your money on Splitfire, Accel, or E3 plugs. I've seen them foul and cause terrible performance in many cars. Check your cap and rotor for cracks or corrosion, Check your wires with an Ohm meter for resistance. IMO I wouldn't run anything Accel on my car. If your car is stock, go with a stock coil, ford cap and rotor, and a good set of wires. (that's a whole nother can of worms) I've run FMS 9mm wires for years with no problems on everything from stock to supercharged mustangs. Others will tell you to buy Talylor or MSD wires.

Thanks for the advice I'll go get a set of either autlites or motorcraft plugs and swap them out and even switch out the MSD cap and rotor and see if that helps thanks again.

motorcraft are autolites...

id run NGK over everything. ive run all kind of plugs in all my cars from bosch +4's back when i was young and they first came out. to champions and most crap in between

NGK has out preformed everything in every car ive owned from my 95 my lightning my 1G DSM with a 16 to to my turbo volvo... hell we even run NGK's in the race car. if there was a better plug we would run them