Squeakin noise!

Azarello

Apr 29, 2005
Hey guys,

My car is a 96 gt with about 103k on him. Recently, especially when turning and and hitting bumps, I hear a squeakin noise. Almost sound like an old mattress. ?

• Sponsors (?)

I'd say a spring isolator or a shock/strut. Look for leakage on the front struts or if they are just quite old,then I'd assume them. If they are newer and clean then check to see of the rubber "pads" at the top and bottom of the springs are in place. If they aren't,it'll cause noise.

Red2000GT said:
I'd say a spring isolator or a shock/strut. Look for leakage on the front struts or if they are just quite old,then I'd assume them. If they are newer and clean then check to see of the rubber "pads" at the top and bottom of the springs are in place. If they aren't,it'll cause noise.

Ok, will check in the am. Also, when I turn my stirring wheel a hear a grinding noise. I checked the power steering fluid and it was filled, what else could it be.:shrug:

Azarello said:
Ok, will check in the am. Also, when I turn my stirring wheel a hear a grinding noise. I checked the power steering fluid and it was filled, what else could it be.:shrug:
have you found out what the problem might be? i am having a grinding noise also. just started on wednesday and tomorrow i will be taking off the steering wheel to find out what the problem is. anyone else ahve any comments?

I have the same problem in my 02 GT right now with 50k milse on it. But i KNOW both of my ball joints on the tie rod ends are broken open. I think from driving it on a lowered suspension. Anyway, i think that is my noise problem when turning. I'll have to look into it this week.

Also, if you here a "grinding" noisewhen turning, it might be a back steering rack. Bad or loos pinion in the steering rack :shrug:

Cantslowdown said:
I have alot of sounds on the driver side rear i just figured bad shocks and all.. Am i right?

well we need more of a description of the sound from the rear. but as far as the guy that started this topic. the outer tie rod ends are a known problem not just on mustangs but all ford cars and minivans. it is also possible that it's the ball joints but i would put money on it coming from the tie rod ends.

Cantslowdown said:
I have alot of sounds on the driver side rear i just figured bad shocks and all.. Am i right?

Also, if it's from the rear, check where your emergency brake cables go through the bottom body pan just in front of the rear axle. When mine were squeeking,it drove me crazy till I found them. A little bit of rubber gasket material and a zip tie, and no more squeeks.