Progress Thread Finally got a new truck

I used general purpose grease on the bronze bushing in the back of the speedo head.Also check to ensure the inner cable isn't putting undue pressure against that bushing.
The inner cable is pushed all the way in to the outer sheath. I don’t believe it’s putting pressure on the back of the speedo head. I will double check that though. What general purpose grease are you referring to Steve?

• Sponsors (?)

F7C9ABA2-26C5-4960-B1AD-56086F6BEBE1.png

Color is almost there, my painter is going to work on it a little more. I might just roll with it. Looking at my interior, every tan piece is a little different, just look at the ashtray door.

Last edited:
I got the console finished up. I dig it. I put some Liquid Wrench all purpose oil on the speedo head and went for a cruise. Pretty smooth, no noise. I’ve dealt with this for a while, it was annoying man. Hope this time is it. Time will tell.
38E03476-F96D-43C1-926F-45DF1F5D4888.jpeg

Reactions: 4 users
I took my seats out and cleaned up the crap under my seats doing the console and found some old krusty bills stuffed between the drivers seat and the tunnel. The dates on them are 2001 and 2003, they have been there a while.

42E77D42-9BC6-44B0-A22E-3CBC1352BF00.jpeg

Last edited:
I’m running the pony’s because the rear tires are shot on the ROH’s I have. Tires for those will be the next thing for the car.

Well, I put about 20 miles on the ride today and I’ve got a quiet and consistent speedometer. I’ve been working on this issue off and on since I bought the car a few years ago. It’s wonderful.

Reactions: 3 users
I took my seats out and cleaned up the crap under my seats doing the console and found some old krusty bills stuffed between the drivers seat and the tunnel. The dates on them are 2001 and 2003, they have been there a while.

OK nerd alert here. One of my other hobbies coming out since i collect currency

The dates on bills don't correlate to when they were printed. They refer to the changes in the Treasure and Secretary of the treasury. New treasurer gets a new date on the bill as to the year they started their term. A new secretary adds an A to the end of the year.

A series 1995 $2bill was printed from 1995 to 2003. Series 2001 $5 and $10 were printed to 2003.

Ok i'll go back to my geek hole

Reactions: 1 user
I didn’t know that Mike. I do know that those bills weren’t mine. Maybe they weren’t stuck down there as long as I thought.