Stalker front

• Sponsors (?)

what cardude said. I see it all the time in Mustang Mags. It is fiberglass compared to Cervinis Urethane. I was so close to getting this bumper but i went with a new urethane bumper with Cobra Grille Insert. I have never seen one of these bumpers in person but am told they look exactly the same, but are more prone to shattering. Hey Cardude let us know how you like your bumper when you get!

Kdubslugga said:
what cardude said. I see it all the time in Mustang Mags. It is fiberglass compared to Cervinis Urethane. I was so close to getting this bumper but i went with a new urethane bumper with Cobra Grille Insert. I have never seen one of these bumpers in person but am told they look exactly the same, but are more prone to shattering. Hey Cardude let us know how you like your bumper when you get!

I read in some post a little bit ago, someone made a point that a Corvettes body is fiberglass, so it can't be that bad. I will definatley be sure to let everyone know how I like the fiberglass bumper. :nice:

Black Sun 5.0 said:
I'd spend the $$$ on the Cervini's. Their track record is good and the parts are high quality. I plan on buying the whole 7-piece Stalker/Cobra kit in the not so distant future.
I bought and installed the Cervini's Stalker front bumper, and personally I've
Had nothing but problems it.

First: It did not fit over old stock bumper support.
Second: The area round the fog lights is paper thin.
Third: Only half of the holes for the head lights were drilled or cased in the Urethane mold. Just so happens I checked before the Stalker bumper was painted
Forth: it's no where near the fit of the OEM piece. Actually in my case it did not fit my new hood or my old Stock hood worth a damn.
So to say Cervini's is worth the extra $$$? I don't know if I'd say that.

But your right from everything I had read or heard about Cervini’s prayer to purchasing it that was the only way to go, but after purchasing and trying to work it I now have a different opinion.
Just my $.02

Cervinis' has a good rep, it is pretty rare to hear about someone not being satisfied. Even if the AGE bumper takes a little tweaking, it may be worth it rather than paying the extra money. $275 vs. $500, that's a $225 difference. The only thing, the urethane will hold up better, no doubt. Just don't hit anything. I guess on a daily driver, the urathane would be a wise choice.

What about weight?

BlownStangGT said:
My stalker as well as the 3 my friend bought and wrecked all worked fine and fit perfect :shrug:

I understand believe me. All I was saying was 99.9 % have had great luck with Cervini's, but in my case I'm the one person who got .1 that either didn’t fit or work for.
Here's one for ya. MY ABC Exclusive Cobra R Hood fits exactly (to a tee) the same as my old Stock Hood does on the Stalker by Cervini’s , which looks like sh** in my opinion. But then again if you were to take a poll and ask ABC or Cervini's, most ppl would say Cervini’s.
Bottom line: Every Manuf. has its good and bad, but it's not always the $ that make it good. Again Just my $.02.

There's more to it than manufacture. Every car is different. If you take an OEM front clip off another stang and bolt it on yours, it won't necessarily fit the same as yours did. That's just a day in the life of a bodyman. Sometimes it works, out, usually it doesn't. Cervinis just happens to have a better track record than almost everybody else does. It depends where you get it too- I've seen Cervinis products that were ordered from Mustangs Unlimited, and the finish quality was nowhere near as good as on the parts ordered directly from Cervinis. It's almost like they make a cheap line just for them, although the retail price is the same. I was just in a thread this morning saying that my Cobra Auto Designs hood ($250) fit better out of the box than my Cervinis hood (almost $600) did- although the finish wasn't as good. One other thing to consider in the Cervinis Stalker (urethane) vs the Age Classics Stallion (fiberglass) is that it will be way more work to make a fiberglass peice line up than a urethane one. If ALMOST STOCK had had the Stallion one and had those same problems with how it lined up, it would take him weeks of grinding and fiberglassing to get it right, instead of just tweeking the flexible urethane until it lined up and tightening it down. Fiberglass is absolutely unforgiving.