Stange hissing/oscillation sound on my sixer - help

Dreadnaught

Aug 5, 2006
Hey everyone,

Well the specifics - 2007 V6 premium with ~ 600 miles on it. We just recently had a major wind/dust storm here in the High Plains. This is approximately when I started to notice this hissy/oscillation sound - almost like a belt. I took it to the dealership, we popped the hood and listened to it in idle, no sound, things seemed to be running fine. They said some dirt/dust may have gotten on the belt and they didn't want to grease it for a few reasons. Mainly, they said the car is still breaking in, rubber knobs and belts are still breaking in, and just to keep and hear to it, if it gets worse bring it back.

I notice is when I accelerate, and then it stays when at cruising speed. Note: it is an extremely low sound, so low you wouldn't notice it unless I told you to listen to it. I'm just paranoid because I just bought it and it is my first Mustang. If you put your hear to the A/C vents, you can hear the sound better. Tested the sound with and without the A/C on, doesn't seem to make a difference.

Any ideas, or cause for concern?

• Sponsors (?)