StangNet fixed my CCRM problem!

My car died on me while I was going down the road with no warning. The only clue to what the problem was, was when I turned the key far enough to prime the fuel pump the high pitched whine wasn't there, it was a lower, almost grinding sound. After I left the car sit for a few minutes, it would start for a few seconds and then the idle would get really rough and it would die.

After the car was towed home and pushed up the driveway ( I can't believe a tow truck operator would not know any better than to push on the spoiler !!) I started researching the problem and everything pointed to the CCRM. I tried reseating it hoping it was a loose connection but it still had the same issue. I bit the bullet and called the local dealership's parts dept and they had one in stock. $165.00 later my car is running like a champ!

So, Thank you :SNSign:

• Sponsors (?)

Nice work. And good on ya for fixing it right. I've always been a little hinky about the idea of using an external relay. If I did, it'd be an OEM style Ford relay for a Fox fuel pump (those relays were under the hood starting in '92 or so. They're the same relay as the WOT relay for all aero foxes). Having a cheap relay fail would suck.