steeda adaptive tune

• Sponsors (?)

+1 they blew it with the hype on this one. At first it sounded like the thing was better then sliced bread by being able to take in consideration mods to the car and fuel octane and automatically compensating for them. Turns out it only works with Steeda engine mods.

Bummer

I want to hear more on this... One person who has it apparently praises it, while others dislike it. It sounds like it COULD be better than sliced bread...

Well I asked on the official Steeda forums and an unnamed official responded. I suppose he could just be trying to get people to buy more Steeda stuff with a little well placed scare tactic.

Still I think the risk involved with switching over is not worth the return especially compared with the cost of a good dyno tune for your setup vs damaging the engine. Perhaps if more chimed in in favor of the setup it may be something worth looking at, however last I heard they still don't have the programming available for a handheld tuner so that means sending in your ECU + the downtime involved.