STEEDA Billet Pedals and Dead Pedal

MyBlueOval

Apr 3, 2005
I recently bought the Steeda billet pedals and dead pedal for my GT. I have to say that I'm very disappointed with the quality. While the pedals are fine, the screws that they shipped with the pedal set were horrible! The steel was so soft that I broke 6 (that's right SIX) of them trying to thread the drill holes. Even after I increased the size of the recommended bit by 1/16" the screws still broke! :bang:

I had to buy additional screws at Home Depot to finish the job. This BlueOval owner is not impressed with his first Steeda purchase. Maybe I won't buy their CAI afterall. :nono:

Has anyone else had this experience?

• Sponsors (?)

I just installed the UPR pedal covers. Drilling the holes was a total pain, and ate up about 10 drill bits (Craftsman) in the process. Had to drill out the holes a little bigger than the instructions said (7/64?) to get the screws to go through the brake and clutch pedal. And had to use a ratchet type screwdriver to actually turn them once I got them started, no way I could screw them in with a regular screwdriver. In other words, a real pain in the a$$. Luckily, no broken screws, and the finished product looks good and has good grip.

Sorry to hear you had trouble with the Steeda screws. Good tip for those who get them to make a trip to Home Depot before they get started on the project for spares.

Is it me, or does the carpet not come up high enough?

Attachments

• mods 005 (Small).jpg
    mods 005 (Small).jpg
    46.1 KB · Views: 185
  • mods 002 (Small).jpg
    mods 002 (Small).jpg
    55.2 KB · Views: 255
Hatchman said:
Is it me, or does the carpet not come up high enough?

lol, well looking at your pictures it appears so. I was thinking about pedal covers cause I hate when it rains and my shoes are wet, I feel like im slipping on and off the clutch and it makes a sqeaking noise like walking through a hallway with wet shoes makin all that noise. Do these stop that? since I think its from the rubber on rubber, so maybe these help? thanks
-mike

Get the UPR. VERY VERY easy to install, and they look great. UPR will have a dead pedal in the next 60 days!!! :nice: Took me 10 minutes for all 3. Use a cordless drill and you have to compress the brake and the clutch while you drill and install the screws...no problem. :shrug:

stangscuba98a said:
Get the UPR. VERY VERY easy to install, and they look great. UPR will have a dead pedal in the next 60 days!!! :nice: Took me 10 minutes for all 3. Use a cordless drill and you have to compress the brake and the clutch while you drill and install the screws...no problem. :shrug:

Please share the URL for the website where these pedals are sold. I'm thinking about switching out the Steeda pedals because, frankly, I don't like the feel of them. In fact, I'll probably remove the dead pedal too.

I just installed the Steeda Pedal Kit, and I too admit it was a huge pain. What I thought was going to be a quick job, turned out to take a few hours. Man those steel pedals are hard to drill. I didn't break any screws, hell I could only use a few of the short screws that came with the kit. I ended up at Lowe's buying longer screws (make sure you get stainless).

As for the feel, I love them. The cussing stopped after driving with the new covers. The larger pedal area seemed to give me better control over the clutch (I have big feet). I would say it was worth the effort. Better feel and better grip.

Oh Yeah, the dead pedal is great and was a 10 min install. Makes longer rides more comfortable.