Steeda needs your opinion! 2010+ Mustang

SteedaGus

Premium Sponsor
Apr 14, 2005
Pompano Beach, FL
Hey guys. We've been tossing around the idea of doing a trunk mounted pony emblem. It would go on the inside of the trunk. It would require no permanent modifications to the vehicle and be cut out of mirror finish aluminum.

It will be secured to existing holes for the trunk liner already in the vehicle. However in order to clear raised bosses that exist for the satellite radio connections the emblem will be raised off the face of the liner instead of being flush.

Also because of the mounting points chosen it will not sit perfectly centered in the liner.

The first few pictures are drawings of the emblem and attachments.

View attachment 185149

Assem2.jpg

This last picture is a mockup of the emblem which shows its position, note it is offset slightly from center.

IMG_2611.jpg

What do you guys think? Let us know!

• Sponsors (?)

I don't like it. I know what kind of car I have and don't need a reminder every time I open the trunk ;) but I'm sure there will be an outpouring of followers who buy them up. And if I'm at a car show and someone else don't know what kind of car it is, they don't deserve to know, lol.

I wouldn't buy it, I think the money could be better spent elsewhere. However if you decide to produce it I would make it a bit smaller, and besides polished aluminum you might want to think about also offering it in brushed aluminum and pre-painted to match the body color. Like I said it's not for me, however I bet you would sell a lot of them.

Hey guys. We've been tossing around the idea of doing a trunk mounted pony emblem. It would go on the inside of the trunk. It would require no permanent modifications to the vehicle and be cut out of mirror finish aluminum.

It will be secured to existing holes for the trunk liner already in the vehicle. However in order to clear raised bosses that exist for the satellite radio connections the emblem will be raised off the face of the liner instead of being flush.

Also because of the mounting points chosen it will not sit perfectly centered in the liner.

The first few pictures are drawings of the emblem and attachments.

View attachment 185067

Assem2.jpg

This last picture is a mockup of the emblem which shows its position, note it is offset slightly from center.

IMG_2611.jpg

What do you guys think? Let us know!

I would rather have that nitrous bottle instead...:D

In all honesty, its a nice touch... but it needs to be centered and smaller.