Steeda or pro 5.0 shifter?

wanta5.0

Founding Member
Jan 20, 2002
Also does the Steeda have a mechanism so when you go from 2nd to 3rd you just shove almost straight forward? How does that work? Pro 5.0 the same way? Or no? :D

• Sponsors (?)

I have owned both and like the "straight" design of the Pro 5.0 personally...

The Steeda doesn't allow you to actually press it straight up and it go to third...just the spring action in it makes it easier...

My vote is Pro 5.0 :nice:

Same here, pro 5.0 all the way.Just installed mine the other day and I love it.There is a little trans noise, but not bad (hate to hear the triax, people are always complaining) and after a couple of days has loosened up, because it was a bit stiff....very precise design I guess...and best of all, you really cant miss 3rd.And I tried to find that hangup spot between 1st and 3rd...well it was NOT there with the pro 5.0...could find it easy with stock shifter.

personally i like the steeda shifter myself... i have it in my car and a friend of mine has the pro 5.0.. the steeda feels much tighter, and i like that... also.. i always thought the reason nobody misses theird is because of a mechanism like wanta5.0 described... when i hammer the shifter up in 2nd it always goes to third, but when i shift slower it can go into 1st... :shrug:

I really like my steeda, haven't experienced the Pro 5.0. Mine is nice and tight precise and I really don't hear any noise. But with the flowmaster, Kenne Bell, Clarion powering 2 10" Aluminum cone Vulfenhagens (sp?) and C/C plates, it get hard to hear anything anyways. The Pro 3i 4 bolt C/C plates are noisy, sound like a bad wheel bearing.